Unconditionally - Mike Rome

For BankOnIt_

Song; God, Your Mama and Me by Florida Georgia Line

:: :: :: ::

We sat in catering talking about nothing in particular, the subject seemed to have changed faster than I could keep up with. "No but seriously, you need to catch up on it. I will not have joy in my life until it returns in the fall!" Bayley squealed to Nia, I couldn't even remember which show they were talking about but I laughed lightly at her excitement.

"I will, I will, we travel so much I don't even know how you do it." Nia chuckled before turning to me. "What's new with you, Maddie?"

I shrugged absent-mindedly, a heat spreading across my chest as the other women's heads snapped in my direction. I have never been a fan of being the center of attention, unlike most women I knew. "Nothing." I pushed out a stiff smile, I wasn't exactly a fan of TV and I spent most of my time on the road, what little free time I had was consumed by training.

"What about that crush of yours? Still haven't made a move?" Alexa asked, one eyebrow almost colliding with her hairline as it rose.

The heat crept up my neck, determined to darken my cheeks as my head shook. How could I forget about all the time I spent swooning after him backstage? "When are you gonna tell us who he is?" Nia asked.

"Never. It's a silly little crush, it'll go away." My cheeks still burned from the heat, my hands flew up to my face trying to hide it. If I could change anything about myself, it would probably be how easily I blushed.

"Oh come on, we can totally set you up with him. All you have to do is give us a name..." Bayley trailed off, I peeked through my fingers and saw her grinning face. My head shook again, my curly brown hair swaying against my shoulders. "Well then I'll just have to guess, won't I?" Her dark eyes scanned the crowded room and so did mine, praying he wasn't around anymore. "Is it Finn?" She asked matter-of-factly, so sure of herself.

My eyes rolled as I shook my head again, "Can we not play this game? We are adults after all." I protested, a deep frown sitting on my face.

"Speak for yourself," Alexa pouted, her clear blue eyes examining the rest of the room. "What about...Dash?"

"You're never going to guess him." I said dryly, trying to force myself not to look in his direction.

"That means he's not a superstar!" Nia exclaimed, a proud smirk spreading across her face as my cheeks darkened just a little bit. "That narrows the list down quite a bit. "Is it Tom?" They were getting closer and I wasn't sure what to do.

"Is what Tom?" I heard suddenly, my heart jolted against my chest, all eyes snapping to the man who stood at the end of the table, a white foam cup in his hand and a bright smile on his face. Mike Rome, fuck. Was the first thought that crossed my mind, I turned away quickly needing to avoid my stupid tell so they didn't know he was the man I had been obsessing over.

"It's not important." I uttered quickly, glaring at Nia. My heart started to pound in my ears when I heard the chair beside me get pulled out from under the table.

I could feel his body heat against my bare arm, goosebumps spreading across my skin and I hoped no one noticed. His cologne the only thing I could smell, be still my heart. "Oh come on ladies, you can share anything with me." His voice was like silver, in crowded room his was always the one that caught my attention first. His hands clasped mine and Nia's as he tried to persuade us to let him in on the big secret, my big secret.