To The Moon - Seth Rollins

For prinessrebel14

Song; Moon and Back by Alice Kristiansen

:: :: :: ::

"Hey, you..." I said walking through the threshold, his beautiful face snapped over flashing that boyish smile and I couldn't help but smile back. "How you feeling?" I chuckled it was so obvious he was barely here mentally.

Seth lifted his arm with the IV still in it. "Ah-mazing!" He exclaimed, his warm brown eyes hooded with droopy eyelids. I guess when you get knee surgery they give you the good stuff.

My grin widened, cheeks hurting. It was nice seeing him no longer worried about his future, even if only for a few hours. "You're highhhh." I sang in a playful way, he laughed shaking his head in disagreement. "Uh-huh!" I taunt.

His hand reached out toward me, his index finger up as he leaned forward completely misjudging how far away I was and almost falling out of the bed. My heart clenched in my chest. "Shhhh," He was saying as I lunged forward to steady him."It's a secret." He whispered in my ear like a child.  

I pulled back just far enough so I could look him in the eyes and nodded. "Okay...your secret is safe with me," I whispered back, that brilliant smile stretched across his face again and my heart fluttered in my chest.

"That's why you're my favorite." He slurred, his hand cupping my cheek, I leaned against it eyes shut just enjoying his embrace. I missed playful Seth, he'd been so down lately, not that I blamed him. Wrestling was his first love--his only, from what everyone else tells me. And the uncertainty of when or even if he can return was killing him. "Wanna know another secret?" He asked in a hushed tone, drawing me back to myself.

I nodded, my eyes meeting his again. "No, I can't tell you!" His cheeks flushed a light shade of pink as he pulled back, shaking his head.

My eyebrows drew together in confusion, what couldn't he tell me of all people? I thought about just letting it go, I'd be taking advantage of the fact that he was drugged up but my curiosity got the best of me. "I thought I was your favorite..." I fake pouted.

His brown eyes widened, his child-like mind horrified at the fact that he hurt my feelings. "You are." He said matter-of-factly. "It's just too embarrassing." I pouted a little more and concern filled his big eyes, unsure what to do. "Promise not to laugh?"

A smile yanked it's way on my face instantly. "Cross my heart," I said quickly, using my hand to do just that.  

Seth stared at me for a few more seconds trying to determine if he can trust me, he chewed on his bottom lip. "Okay," He scanned the room making sure no one was listening, and then slowly leaned forward his forehead resting against mine, lips only inches apart and if I wasn't so invested in knowing his secret I probably would have pressed mine to his. "I love you..."

My heart jumped into my throat, my vision blurring instantly with hot tears. "Y-you w-w-what?" I could barely choke out the words. I don't know what I was expecting him to say, but that certainly wasn't it.

His hands rested on my cheeks. "Don't cry, please don't cry," Seth begged, sending the tears down. His thumbs wiped at them. "I thought it was a good thing, I'm sorry, don't be sad."

My head shook in his hands and he tightened them. "I'm not sad," I sniffled. "I'm surprised...and happy. I love you too..."

A blurry smile spread across his face. "To the moon and back?" He asked.

I chuckled lightly and nodded. "Yes, to the moon and back, Seth."

"That's good... can we sleep? I'm tired..." He pulled back, scooting as far over as he could and patting the empty space beside him. I climbed in with one thought on my mind as I started to drift off: He's never going to remember this...

➢➣➢

Muffled words rang in my ear, words that I couldn't quite make out, a fog wrapped around my brain gradually fading away as I forced all my concentration on the voice. Finally, I could pinpoint it--Seth. "Anna... It's time to get up, babe."

A groan escaped my lips, something close to lemme 'lone, though I wasn't sure he could tell that.

"If I don't get to sleep-in, neither do you." His gravelly voice said, a hint of amusement in it.

My eyes squinted closed after being greeted with bright hospital lights, God I cannot wait to get out of this place. "You're mean." I pouted.

He laughed lightly. "Well, you're beautiful." He said his body hovered over mine, blocking away most of the light.

I snort out a laugh, heat clawing its way up my neck to my cheeks. "You must still be high."

That smug smirk spread across his face. "I wish, but nope. You are just beautiful, even with your smeared make-up and morning breath." My eyes widened--mortified. I buried my face in his arm and he just chuckled. "C'mon, look at me."

My head shook--never, I thought. "Please?" He begged, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"No, I probably look scary," I mumbled in his arm.

"To the moon and back, no matter what." My eyes snapped up to his, unable to hide my shock, he remembered.

My heart hammered in my chest. "To the moon and back." I agreed in a whisper.  

:: :: :: ::

I hope you liked it!

I know it's short, sorry about that.

You just didn't give me much to go off of.

If anyone else would like a one-shot

just let me know!