All I Want - Dean Ambrose

For ExplicitMox

:: :: :: ::

"Come on, it's one double date, Rory. You'll like the guy." I paused mid punch, my eyes shifting from the punching bag to the shaggy haired man that held it.

"What makes you so sure?" I questioned, my eyebrow lifting with uncertainty before I returned to striking the bag.

"Because I'm your best friend and I know everything about you. He's definitely your type." Dean said smugly.

I chuckled to myself, "What exactly is my type?" I challenged.

He seemed amused. "Are we really gonna play this game?" I stopped again and nodded, his smile broadening. "Fine. But when I'm right and you two get married, I expect your first born son to be named after me." My head flew back in laughter, there was only one man I could see myself marrying and I knew it would never happen. He was already married.

"Deal. Now what's my type, Ambrose?"

He released the bag and leaned against the cold wall with me, "You are into very blunt, cocky men with an edge. I'm tellin' you, Sami is perfect."

"Sami, as in Sami Zayn? And you call yourself my best friend." I wiggled my finger in his face in disapproval. "I adore Sami but he is definitely not my type."

He chuckled, "No. My friend from CZW, Sami Callihan. He was in NXT for a while but it didn't work out. He's like me with just a little more crazy mixed in."

"Oh god, fine, one date. I mean it, Ambrose. Just one date and then I get to die alone in peace, got it?"  

That lopsided grin sat on his, the one that made my heart go haywire. "You'll never die alone, Rory, I'm not going anywhere." I sighed, Dean will never understand just how sweet he truly is.

:: :: ::

"So, where are we going?" I asked awkwardly from the backseat, my eyes trying not to focus on Dean holding Renee's hand in front of me.

"I don't know, Sami picked the place. All I have is an address, we're almost there though." I knew I should have taken my own car, but Dean insisted. He was always so protective of me and always had the lamest excuses of what could happen to me. It was cute at first, but only because I thought it was his way of flirting, imagine how stupid I felt when he introduced me to his girlfriend four years ago just as I was about to tell him, I loved him. 

We pulled into the parking lot of some bar & grill I've never heard of and instantly my heart sinks. I felt like the rug had been pulled from underneath me, I caught Dean's eye in the rearview mirror as I sucked in a sharp breath. I haven't had a drink in over five years but I didn't like to test my luck and be around booze for long periods of time. 

I climbed out of the back seat, I can do this, being chanted in my mind but I couldn't deny there was a small voice behind it full of doubt. I had overcome a lot, but nothing made me want to drink more than seeing Dean and Renee happy together. It was completely fucked up, I should always be happy my friend is happy but deep down I was selfish. "Are you okay with this?" I heard Dean say suddenly as we made our way to the entrance.

"I'll manage, let's just have a nice time." He eyes me for a moment, "Seriously. It's okay." He threw his arm over my shoulder and pulled me into him. The faint scent of lemongrass and soap filling my senses.