62 | You're Beautiful

<Nagisa>
Huh? That's strange, Nakaru still isn't back yet. I rolled away from Koro-sensei and looked down the halls. He was no where in sight.

"I was thinking the same." Koro-sensei peered out with me. "He can't be lost." He added, "maybe he started to wander."

"Possibly." I sighed. "I'll call for him."

"No, I'll find him for you." Koro-sensei insisted. "You stay here okay?"

"S-sure." I agreed.

Koro-sensei beamed a smile and placed his hand on my shoulder. He walked past me and watching him go some reason reminded me of Karma.
Ugh, now is not the time to be thinking about him. It's the past isn't it?

I slapped both my cheeks, just as Aguri walked in again to bring the tray of goodies.

"Are you okay?" She slightly giggled at me.

"Y-yes." I embarrassedly looked away. "Just getting my mind empty, that's all."

"Nagisa, you're such a character, aren't you?" She teased me with a gentle touch.

"Hahaha, you're maybe right." I laughed along.

See? Isn't it better that you forget about this? Even if Karma is gone, maybe there is a reason that he couldn't stay by my side forever.
I simply can't ask for the moon.
•••••••
<Nakaru>
I nudged the door slightly more open and tried to step in. Before I could even out my entire body through, someone called my name.

"Nakaru?"

I stumbled back and fell on my rear. The door closed, with a quiet click. I crawled away as far as I could. That was when Koro-sensei saw me on the ground. He titled his head and lightly chuckled at me. He placed his hands on his hips and came towards me.

"There you are." Koro-sensei bent down and patted my head. He was disguising an expression that would make me shiver if I saw the real him. It was like he wasn't even human, I've seen people like this in movies before.

"S-sorry." I apologized. "I-."

"No need." He helped me back up, "let's go back to your mother, okay? You gave us quite a scare."

"I made Momma worry?" I frowned but it was more for me than anything. The worst thing I can do, is make Momma worry about me.

I nodded my head and Koro-sensei held my tiny hands.
As we both began walking again. I heard the loud beating again. I clocked my head and Koro-sensei stopped in his tracks and waited for me.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I hear something." I pointed out. "It's like a drum." I explained. "Can't you hear it?"

Koro-sensei closed his eyes and everything stood silent and still. It was until he gradually opened his eyes and glanced around and then at me.

"Nope." He rejected.

"B-but I hear it." I tugged his arm.

"Maybe you should get your ears checked." Koro-sensei raised a brow. It was like he was almost making fun of me.

There was no way around it. No one can hear it. Even so, I ignored it myself and walked back with him. Momma was waiting for me with Aguri as she was drinking from a cup that was steaming.
Wait what's that? I saw a faint yet transparent arms. They extended all the way with its hands on Momma's shoulder. Then they wrapped around Momma's back like they were hugging her. G-ghost?!

"Momma!" I let go of Koro-sensei's cold large hands and hugged her. Suddenly the ghost disappeared altogether right after.

"What is it?" She asked with a concern expression.

"Momma..." I placed my ears on her chest and quietly listened to her heartbeat. That's weird both of their heartbeats are aligning. The ghost is gone now however the loud heart beat that I can hear right now and Momma's rhythm are in sync. Is it actually Momma's heart that I heard all this time? But what was that thing clinging to Momma?

"Naki?"

I looked up at Momma and placed my hand on her chest. I could feel the thumping and she wondered what I was doing. Could she hear it too? No, she can't. I know she couldn't see those hands on her either.

"Momma? Can you hear it?" I questioned.
Momma looked up at Koro-sensei and they both shrugged their shoulders. "Never mind..." I lowered myself back down and stood idly. I might be crazy. I keep hearing strange things and seeing ghosts.

"You must be tired, aren't you?" Momma cupped her hands on my face and looked worrisome.

<Nagisa>
Naki's face grew wearily pale. I grabbed his hand and felt his warmth. He was wasn't sick at least. Maybe it's time to go home.

"Koro-sensei, Aguri, I think it's time for us to leave." I spoke up and they agreed with me too. Naki wasn't in his best shape and it was obvious.
"Lets get you home." I tapped his arm.

"Okay Momma." He submitted.

As we left the house and came onto the driveway. something shocked me spontaneously that I felt someone grabbing my arm. I turned around and saw that nobody was touching me. What the hell was that? Nakaru was behind me pushing the wheelchair, not paying attention to my sudden startle.

Chills ran down my spine as I could sense an intense pulse that still continued. It grew louder the farther we were away from the premises.
Where was it coming from? What's is that sound? Before I realized it, it was the throbbing sensation of someone's heart. I turned back around and saw a light figure standing before me. Was I seeing things? I rubbed my eyes and reopened them. The figure was gone.

Maybe it has to do with what Nakaru was talking about earlier. This must be a sign that I'm losing it. I can't even categorize the real and the fake around me. I'm seeing things that I'm not supposed to see. I'm hearing unexplainable things.

Once we left I was convinced that apart of me was tearing away. This all felt too familiar. I was not ready to experience this all over. My heart is shattering.
•••••
<Koro-sensei>
Aguri cleared the tables and went back to work in the study right after they had left. For me, I needed to make sure of something. I strolled back down the halls and went back to the door that Nakaru was near.
He was oddly interested about it.

I turned the knob and it was locked. Like how I kept it before didn't I? I always seal private rooms when visitors come. Nakaru couldn't have went in anyways.
I unlocked the door and allowed myself in. The mini lamp was still on from before and I sat myself down at the desk.

"Ahh, I need to get back to work don't I?" I sighed as I leaned my head on the table. After 30 seconds of wasting my time, I glanced over at the glass jar right in front of me.

Karma's heart.