Prologue

^ Natalie at the top

You can imagine the main character however you like, some people just like pictures. ❤️ hope you enjoy this heartfelt story. Muah 💋

Prologue - Jelly flavored

Blueberry. Check

Cherry. Check

Strawberry. Check

Banana. Check

Jelly flavored co-

"What is this?" Natalie screeched as she reread the small black letters a second time. Georgia came from the stock room and leaned over her boss's shoulder to see what all the commotion was about.

She popped a piece of her cherry flavored bubblegum and reached for the pen and placed a tiny check mark by the letters. "Almost missed one, Nat." She placed the pen back on the counter and headed over to the refrigerator to pull out some dough for a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Natalie shook her head in disbelief at the younger woman and frowned. "Georgia, how many times do I have to tell you that when I give you a list to go shopping for the bakery it does not mean add whatever else you want to buy with my money."

Georgia tied her bright pink hair up into a bun and grabbed the cookie cutter from the top shelf of the cabinet. If it wasn't for the fact that her earphones were laying on her shoulders instead of in her ears you could've sworn she was intentionally ignoring Natalie.

Natalie gave a frustrated groan as Georgia proceeded to place the cookies onto the clean sheet, still not listening to a word she was saying.

Natalie walked over to Georgia and grabbed the tray of cookies. Furious bright blue eyes shot up in her direction. "What the heck, Nat?" She demanded angrily, but Natalie ignored her.

"No, Georgia. This is the last time. The next time I find out you're buying personal items with the company money I'm firing you. This time I'm docking the money from your next check." She said sternly.

Georgia rolled her eyes. "Whatever, could you just get out of my way and hand me my tray back?" She stated more than actually asking. Natalie held back an eye roll of her own and held it out in front of her. Without a second glance, Georgia snatched it out of her hands and went back to rolling the extra dough.

Natalie rubbed her temples as she slowly walked back to her office and shut the door. She was going to have to do something about Georgia sooner or later. This was the third time this month she had knowingly spent the companies money and her attitude was getting out of hand.

Natalie slumped down in her chair and sighed. But no matter how much she wanted to, she couldn't fire the girl. It had taken months just to find her, there weren't very many people who were willing to take work part time at a bakery. People wanted more permanent positions and at the moment, she herself, wasn't in a position to offer that to anyone. As she pondered over what she was going to do her phone buzzed twice. She glanced down at her desk and watched as the dark screen lit up.

Derrick: I don't understand why you got a lawyer, Nat, I only slept with her once. What would your parents think about you getting a divorce? Stop being stupid.

A second message came immediately after and she cringed.

Derrick: I'm not signing the divorce papers. We can still work this out. Call me. xoxo

Natalie felt physically sick as she re read her husband's messages. They had been separated for about three months now and she had just gotten up the courage to bring out the divorce papers. She had thought that after catching him with another woman in their own home that he would've gone ahead and ended their relationship but he was bent on getting back together. So she moved to another state and opened up a small bakery in hopes to forget about him and to make some source of income to keep her a float until she was able to figure out exactly what to do next. She still hadn't told her parents what had happened and neither had he, considering the fact that her parents continually called and asked when the two of them would be coming over for dinner again.

She turned off her phone as the sound of the constant ringing started. She had grown accustomed to it. Derrick always messaged her and whenever she didn't reply he always followed it up with phone calls - which she happily ignored as well.

She looked back to her watch. 11:40a.m. It was almost lunch time. That meant that it was going to get busy in a second. Since most people were crunched for time during their lunch breaks, they tended to stop by her bakery to grab a couple of donuts and cookies to keep them afloat for awhile.

She pushed all of her worries aside as she heard the familiar sound of the jingling bells and knew that it was time to get back to work.

Quick Note:
If you've been reading 'His Priority,' this is the second book in the series. I'm trying to finish up 'His Priority' within the next two - three weeks so I can get started on this story, which will be Thomas's story. I don't want to spoil anything from the first book so that's why I'm only posting this chapter for now. If you've been reading His Priority, I would love your feed back on whether or not you're excited for Thomas's story.

Read.
Vote.
Comment.

If you're one of my followers, ya'll know I'm crazy

If you're one of my followers, ya'll know I'm crazy. And I appreciate every one of my readers, silent or not because I have the 'Votiness, Comentiness, Readiness (Yes, I know I spelled those incorrectly), followers around, and they keep me grounded and make sure I don't get a big head.