Chapter 29 | Missing

"True! The speech starts tomorrow! Almost forgot..", he put his palm on his forehead. "Time flies.. But my group's speech will be in 4 days. And there'll be a test of the speeches given.."

"Then what do we do? Leave the case to the adults?", Yunna asked.

"And my group needs her..", he sighed, "I hope we can find her quickly.."

"But you are a group of 3, and without Aoi, you still have a partner..", she said.

"..And we are not ready yet.."

"Well, same.. And we do not know where Saki and Saori went.."

"I think you should tell your friend about it because I think she also forgot about it.. And she can tell Saori about it."

"You mean Saki?"

"Yes. And I will call the teacher and talk about Tsukasa's situation", he said and started to call.

"Ok", said Yunna and send a message to Saki.

.

.

.

"Oh, a message", Saki said and checked her cellphone. "Ah, I do remember. Well, I'll tell Saori.."

"You came too?"

Saki turned around, "I knew you would come too, Saori.."

"And? What do you want to tell me?"

"Tomorrow is the speech day", Saki answered.

"Ah, I do remember", Saori replied.

"Well, did you find something?"

"Not pretty much.. The place is totally destroyed and it has been left like that since people think it is cursed..", Saori sighed.

"Well, it hasn't changed too much..", Saki looked at the scene sadly and muttered, "..the neighborhood were Aoi lived.."

"But it has been many years, so very few know about what happened. And? You should know something too.."

"Well, what has been bugging me all this years is the reason those men came into the house.."

"Robbers?", Saori asked.

"I wouldn't call them robbers.."

"Why?"

"They didn't wear masks, gloves nor anything like robbers will do, but they were armed. And although they had a knife, gun, and metal stick with them, they seemed to be waiting for something since both Aoi's parents and the house were unharmed.. But of course after we went inside the house, thing started to go out of control.."

"Do you know anything about them?"

"Nothing.. I think only Aoi's parents know.."

"Unless Aozora knows something and tells us, it will be quite hard to find out..", Saori whispered, "the truth.."

"And what do we do?.. Investigating something that occurred 10 years ago will be quite dificult..", Saki clenched her teeth.

"Just as the teacher said.. we should leave this dificult matter to them and focus on the speeches.. That will be the best for us.."

"There must be something we can do..", Saki clenched her fists, "Aoi is a precious friend for us.. and without her, there's no meaning in the speech of tomorrow.."

"You know Aozora better than anyone.. she would rather hurt herself than hurt others.. She will want you to present your speech and not worry about her.. Maybe she would come to school tomorrow like nothing happened and with a smile on her face.. You know how strong she is..", Saori muttered those last words.