Chapter 24 | Cinderella

The time has come. Everyone was ready for the play.

"Huu.. Calm..down..", I murmured.

"Are you okay?", he asked.

"Yeah, thanks", I replied.

"Now, Class 1-2 will do 'Cinderella'! Please enjoy!"

We started doing well. Everything was going smoothly and everyone was doing their best.

Ugh.. I'm feeling a bit... dizzy..---No! I need to continue, everyone is doing their best, I need to do my best too!

"H-hey! Are you really okay? You are pale!", before I lose strength in my feet, he caught me.

I tried to stand up, "Y-yeah.. I'm oka--"

"No! You are not!", Saki interrupted me. "You always try to act tough even though you are hurt!", she said.

"I'm okay, really, don't worry..", I smiled.

"Let's go to the infirmary, and rest until you get better", he lifted me up.

"B-but the play!", I said.

"It's okay, there's still time until your next appearance", Saki smiled. "It's better for you to rest now", she said.

"Let's go", he carried me until the infirmary.

It was awkward at first, but later we started to talk more. It's strange but I feel better being next to him..

"Hey.."

"What?", I asked.

"Is your role really the prince?", he asked.

"Yeah, is there a problem..", I looked at him.

"A prince? Really? Pff..", he started to laugh.

"Hey why are you---Ah!", I starred to feel pain.

"Well, now rest..", he laid me down on the bed and touched my forehead. "You are burning! You have fever", he went to take a towel with cold water.

"..."

"Why didn't you say anything?", he asked.

"Why should I.."

"You know.. You are worrying everyone around you.."

"I know.. But I don't want to be a burden for everyone..", I said.

"Let's do this.. If there is any problem, you can come and talk to me.. You are not a burden", he said.

*Ping~*
-|New message from Saki~☆ |-

"'It's almost your time' she says", I said.

"I don't think you can go in thus conditions..", he said.

"Everyone is waiting for me.. I would feel bad if I don't go now, and the play is done.. Everyone did their best, and so I will", I stood up wobbling.

*sigh* "Okay, but you should promise me that you won't faint, and you would come to the infirmary as soon as you finish your part", he said.

"Okay! I promise!", I smiled.

"I will carry you until the stage, or else you will faint"

"Thanks..", I smiled.

...

"Oh! Aoi! You are here! We we're almost done!", Saki cried.

"It's okay, I'm fine now.. Now is my turn", I smiled and went out to the stage.