• ✿ (14) ✿ •

Wrapping the scarf around your neck, you breathe out the carbon dioxide air from your lungs. Your breath becomes into vapour, floating ever so gently onto the sky. The Tower was covered with snow, literally.

The white blanket was doused itself around the floor. Few snow miniature mountains are formed left and right. The banners was hanging around, the colour was a soft baby blue and the lights was like small circles. They were magical.

You were in awe that you didn't notice that one of the Guardian politely asked your hand to join in the snowball fight. The cold pelt landed on the back of your head so you did a dramatic turn.

There was a group of Guardian, acting innocently by whistling incoherent notes.

You kneeled down, grabbing a fistful of snow and chuck it at them.

It erupted into a snowball battle. You and your Fireteam - who became a gang of best friends and their skills improved - joined in to defeat the other team. Few Guardians would cheer while some would watch from afar.

Somewhere in the heat of the battle, the enemy team had brought Cayde to join their team.

"Hey there." You threw a snowball directly to his face, your team members hide behind you since you the only one can tolerate him.

Cayde wiped off the melted snow of his face by using his arm. "Oh, you are so going down." He went back to his team and call in for a meeting.

"What do you think he's planning?" Asked Cooper, a fellow Titan. She was an Awoken with blue skin and white hair, her iris was as red as the colour of a red apple.

"Diversion, after all he might pick me off his list." You glanced over your shoulder, watching his back. "Warlocks, hold the fort while Titans and Hunters, offence. I go defence."

Your team nod your head in unison. You were the Leader, so did Cayde. Both Leaders of the respective team had to shake their hand in agreements.

"Have a good game." You smiled sweetly at him.

"You too, sweetie." He smiled with his optics and the tone of his voice.

• • ✿ • •

The battle ended within a few hours. Both sides called truce so that they could take a sip of the hot chocolate you made. Cayde had to return to his post, you frown as you watch him go.

You were sitting on the steps of the Traveler's Walk, having a small chat with Xander. Your hands were cold but thanks to the hot liquid, it gave you warmth.

Not entirely, your mind entered. Honestly, you missed Cayde's warmth.

After the Festival of the Lost, the both of you barely had time for each other. Cayde was busy as the Vanguard while you were busy with your own line of work. Rescuing people from the clutches of the Fallen and bring them back to the Lost City.

Giving them hope so that they could live on, to the future. Lord Saladin had heard about you. From Shaxx or Zavala? Who knows.

He had tasked you the difficult missions. You accepted it to improve your survival skill and learn how to hunt. The missions he gave you was different than the Guardian's mission.

He was testing you to see if you are, in fact, a Swordswoman.

At the end of the mission, you walked back to Felwinter Peak. He didn't allow you to use your ship or any means of transportation. He wanted you to walk back on foot.

It was a gruelling walk. Your mind went into high alert as you fought against wolves, Fallens. The things you learn in his trials, had taught you well.

He felt proud of you and nicknamed you, Nuntis which meant Sun-Wolf in Latin. You got it on how you harness the power of the Sunlight by setting your blades to fire up. Even the daggers were on fire when you throw it to the animal that you were hunting.

You felt like the memory has happened after a few months but you had returned from the Iron Temple. Your body was sore and you need sleep.

The cold air swept over your form as you sip the hot beverage. The hot air tickled your face. You let out a sigh.

"You're sighing?" Said a voice who sat next to you. "I should be the one who's sighing."

You didn't have to turn your head to look who was talking next to you but you rest you head on their shoulder. In return, an arm wrapped around your shoulders and brought you closer. To obtain more warmth.

Cayde softened his optics, you were tired from Saladin's trials and busy rescuing survivors and brought them here, to The Last City to rebuild their lives with a fresh start.

"I'm... sorry..." He quietly muttered. "Sorry for not, well, not being there. I mean, I-er..."

This is hard. His mind fazed on how to make a proper way to apologise.

You placed a hand onto his, held it. "We're both busy and time is not on our friend but today." You leaned away and looked right into his optics. "I'm happy that we have this moment to spend our time together."

Cayde sighed deeply. How can I deserve you? He thought as he stared at your eyes. They were full with love and kindness.

"Plus, I have a gift for you!" You called Xander to get a box. A box he knows. Xander searched his workplace until he found it. He then walk up to Cayde and gave it to him. The box wasn't that huge but the size can be held with just one hand.

Cayde accepted the gift and placed it on his lap. "Oh yeah, I also have a gift for you." He asked his Ghost to transfer the gift and it did. Your gift manifest right in front of you.

His gift to you was a necklace with an Ace-shaped pendant. You peppered Cayde's face with kisses before wearing it. He helped you to put it on.

As for his gift, you gave Cayde a new deck of cards that you made with your own artistic skills and artist blocks. It lasted a month to finish it and you were proud of it when Cayde shuffled the cards, studying your handicrafts and artworks.

"Happy Dawning, (Name)." He pecked your forehead with his and stay in that position. His was content, happy, pleased and mostly, love the gift.

"Happy Dawning, Cayde." You had the same feelings upon his gift. You closed your eyes and breathe in, taking it all in.

It was a lovely festival.

• ✿ Bonus Chapter : The Dawning ✿ •