(11)

Your eyes flutter lightly, coaxing you to wake up from your slumber. The first thing you saw, was the colour blue. It resembled the colour of a sky or an ocean. The colour was soothing you.

You reach out, trying to get a hold of it. Your fingertips felt the cold surface. It was smooth, you can felt a few lines on its surface. Did something happen to it? Whatever it is, the surface responded. It leaned against your palm as you searched the surface to have a look to its blue lights.

It gave you a vibe, a hauntingly kind. You know this light. It gave you a wave of reassurance to yourself.

As your vision eased out the blur details, your pupils dilated so that it can readjust your eyesight. Everything was clear, its like the curtains had been lifted.

The blue lights that greeted you, it belongs to none other than the EXO you know. The cold surface you touched belongs to said person.

"Cayde..." Your voice may not be audible but he had heard you. Loud and clear from his distance between the both of you.

His optics slowly blinked. He let a sigh for a relief. "Hey there, Sleeping beauty." His voice was soft and yet, there was a small bit he was hiding from.

The pain of loss.

You try to sit upright but your body wasn't fully healed so it decided to be a prick and let you to rest on Cayde's arms. You didn't know that Cayde was kneeling down on the ground, of the Tower Plaza. Surrounded by Ghosts and Guardians. You didn't know that they were planning your funeral after hearing what had happened to you.

The Speaker's voice shook you when he started to speak. "Let's leave them be."

You looked around, and saw various Guardians who were walking away. Some gave you their greetings and some were kind enough to leave a smile. The Vanguard had to return to their work, even Cayde but Shiro still act as his substitute. Your eyes landed on a certain Guardian, Nevio.

His optics was happy that you came back. He wished he could smile but his optics had done the job for him. "Welcome back." He said as he ruffled your hair before walking to the Tower Hangar. He wanted to tell Amanda the news.

Did you actually- Your mind started to lay out different questions but your mouth had blurted out the question. "Was I dead?" Your eyes and Cayde's optics were lock on to each other.

He wanted to lie and brushed it off away with a joke. His Ghost scolded him. "Tell her the truth, Cayde." The blue optics, its light was like a shield from seeing the horrors he had witnessed.

"Cayde." You pressed, your voice was straining to know what really happen to you. "Please."

Cayde let out a small and long sigh. He had to take note that his arms, eventually will get tired and the gears would lock up. "Before I can answer you, let's uh- Move to our position to a comfortable one."

You comply as Cayde walked further to the Tower Plaza, there were two flight of stairs and he chose the one that went upwards. Cayde was going to the Traveler's Walk since no one would have been there. It has been quiet after various events that would held there.

The Guardians were at the Tower North and Tower Hangar, some are at the Hall of Guardian, with the Vanguard. As they saw you and Cayde walked away from the Tower Plaza, they were glad that they would be able to check their vaults, go up to Master Rahool for engrams, checking their Bounties from Xander and their duties right.

Back to Cayde, he slowly sat down in the middle of the Traveler's walk. His seating was right in front - not that front but within a safe distance away - of the railing, the air was cold and you shiver upon the contact. Cayde draped your shoulders by using his cape. It was the least he could do since he doesn't have a jacket.