T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Start from the beginning

I look at the thick grey smoke coming out of her mouth and nostrils.

Gosh it looks so good...

"Don't even think about it..." I hear a husky voice in my ear and I feel a massive hand gently squeezing my thigh. I close my eyes.

Breathe in, breathe out, Hailee.

"Paige..." I mumble and look down with pink cheeks. She raises an eyebrow at me and takes the joint out of her mouth.

"Truth or dare?" I look back up and smirk when our eyes meet. She does the same.

"Everybody knows I'm always down for a dare..." she leans forwards and her smirk grows wider.

"I dare you to pass me that joint." I interlock my fingers together and rest my lips against them.

"Hailee, no!" Grayson looks at me in shock and I chuckle while looking down.

"I need to let myself loose, Gray. You know that..." I look up to him and anger starts to dwell his eyes.

"I said no." he says through his greeted teeth in a slightly more angry tone.

I extend my arm in front of me and Paige hands me her joint. Before Grayson can do anything, I bring it to my lips and take a good puff.

"Hailee!" he shouts as he sees me exhaling the thick smoke.

I chuckle as I hand her back the joint.

"Daaamn that's some good stuff, Dail... Where'd you get that?" I laugh and Paige nods in agreement while taking another puff.

"I have my sources." Jack mumbles and I lean forward towards him.

"Who?" I smirk and he looks at me with his piercing blue eyes.

Damn, his eyes are so pretty when he's high.

"A guy named Mr. Smith..."

OH HELL NO.

HELL TO THE FUCKING NO.

MY DAD?!

I stand up and walk up to Jack as fast as I can. Grayson tries to hold me back because he knows what I'm about to do, but I struggle out of his grip and make my way to the pothead.

I kneel down in front of Jack so our eyes are at the same level. I raise my hand up high and smack his cheek with all my strength. He falls knocked out to the ground and I cover my hand with my other one to ease the stinging sensation.

"Hailee!"

-----

"At least we had a bit of fun, right?" Paige shrugs and I glare at her.

"This is all your fault Paige! If you took the time to do a fucking backup check on the person who you sold your stuff to, maybe you would've realized that it was my father! Look at him now! He's selling your drugs to fucking kids!" I wiggle my arms around and I feel a vein popping on my neck.

"Lee, I wasn't any better! I was selling stuff to 16-year-olds too!" she shouts and squeezes her eyes shut.

"You shouldn't even be doing this at your age in the first place! Who taught you this?" I lay back in the sofa and press my fingers on my temples.

"My father did! Who else, duh? He's the reason why I'm so fucked up right now!" she raises her voice until she's yelling.

"You aren't helping yourself Paige! This isn't just your father's fault. It's yours too!" I poke her chest with my finger and she smacks my hand away.

"Like hell it's my-"

"ENOUGH!" Grayson yells as he rubs his eyes. We both shut up and look at him with surprise.

"I'm sick and tired of you two arguing all the time! Why can't you guys get along just like the good old days?!" he glares at the both of us with a big question mark stamped on his face.

I gulp and look down in shame.

I'm not the one who fucked things up.

She is.

I see a hand approaching me in the corner of my eye. I look at it and take a few seconds to think. I bring my hand forward and shake hers.

"I apologize, Hailee. And I promise that from now on, I'll only get better." she looks at me in the depth of my eyes and I feel my heart sinking at those words.

"Promise me that you'll get better, Hailee." my father shouts as he squeezes the bottle of pills in his hands.

"Promise me!" he yells through the tears.

"I promise..." a tear rolls down my left cheek as I stare at the bottle.

He squeezes it a little too hard and it breaks in his hands, making the pills fly at every corner of the room.

"Say it..." he whispers through his clenched teeth.

I look down in shame.

"I promise that from now on, I'll only get better, dad." I cover my face with my hands and try to hold in the loud sobs that escape my mouth.

I gulp once more.

"I'll try my best to not kill you..." I smile a bit and she softly chuckles.

We bring our hands back on our knees and we give Grayson a sad look.

"Weird asses..." he sighs and rubs his eyes and we both laugh at his comment.

-----

"Bye! See you tomorrow!" I wave at Paige as she leaves the driveway in her grey Mercedes-Benz.

I gently close the door and turn around and I jump when I see Ethan a few inches away from me.

"Gosh, you scared m-"

He backs me up against the front door and slides his hand behind my neck, softly stroking his thumb on my cheek.

"Are you okay?" he softly whispers inches away from my mouth. He looks down at my lips and licks his.

I give him an awkward look and try to look away but he brings my face back to its place with two fingers pressed against my jaw.

"I-I'm f-fine, Ethan..." I whisper and look down at his pink lips.

They're so damn kissable...

"I want you sooo bad right now..." he whispers and comes a bit closer. He takes both of my hands and pulls them over my head. He pins me harder against the door as he glued his hips on mine. He partially closes his eyes and brush his lips on my neck.

"Hailee, are you coming?" Grayson shouts from upstairs.

I push Ethan off of me in a heartbeat and dust my clothes off.

"I-I'm sorry... I can't..." I close my eyes and clench my fists as I walk away, leaving him hanging by the front door.

-----

Author's note : What's poppin' guys!!!!

I just finished my horse show and let me tell you- it went HORRIBLE. I had at least 4 rails down in every single course I did LMFAO. But hey, I didn't have a show jumper alright, I was riding a fucking trail horse SO OVERALL he did great.

Anyways. Not that anyone care lmfao.

I'm just proud of what I accomplished with that horse and I find it kind of sad because it was my last horse show ever 😭

But yeah... WHO SHIPS HAILEE AND ETHAN? BECAUSE I DO. IDK WHY.

I feel like there's love between Gray and Hailee buuut there's a hell lot of lust between ETH and Hailee lmfao.

Idk why I like writing scenes between the two of them.

ENOUGH BLABLA, I'll see you guys in the next chapter 😘😘

PEACE ✌️