"I just need him for like 2 seconds".

"Dude I'll be back", Cameron said following me.

I walked into the kitchen to see my mom and Dad sitting down.

"Mom, Dad this is my boyfriend-".

"Cameron Dallas, I haven't seen you in awhile", my dad interrupted.

"How are you doing coach Jacob?", he asked.

"Coach?", I questioned.

"Yes honey, remember Dakotas little league team that I used to coach?", he asked. I nodded yes. "Cameron here used to be on that team".

"I used to go to every game. Why don't I remember you?", I asked.

"Because I grew up", him and my parents laughed.

"Excuse her, my daughter's a little slow", my dad said patting Cameron's back.

"Sit down you two. You just had a long ride, I'll make some hot chocolate", my mother said pushing out chairs for us.

"So when did you two start dating?", my dad asked.

"About a month ago", I responded.

"Oh I see. So are you still playing baseball Cam?".

"Yeah".

"What's your favorite team?".

I widened my eyebrows at him so that he couple remember what we practiced.

"The Yankees sir".

"We're gonna get along well. So what are your intentions with my daughter?".

"I wanna make your daughter happy. She's an amazing girl who deserves the world and I'm glad she chose me to be with her".

I smiled as he said that and I looked at my dad to see him nodding.

"What the hell, you said two seconds", Dakota interrupted.

"Watch your language", my mother said staring Dakota down.

"What's that?, an engagement ring?", Dakota said looking down at my finger.

"No, that's a promise ring. I gave that to your sister to promise her that I would always love her", he said before I could respond.

"That's so sweet", my mom looked down at my finger.

"What do you see in her?", Dakota asked.

"Dakota stop. Your sister wasn't mean when you brought Addison home".

"Exactly", I stuck my tongue out.

"Well you've shown me that you really care about my daughter. So I give you my blessing to continue this relationship", my dad nodded.

"Thank you Mr. Jacob , you won't regret it".

"You can just call me Dean", my dad shook Cameron's hand.
********************************************
After eating thanksgiving dinner I decided to take Cameron up to my room. We sat on my bed and talked for awhile.

"Your family is great", he said intertwining our hands.

"You mean crazy".

"No I mean great".

"My parents can be a handful if you couldn't tell. And Dakota, well he's just Dakota. But my family isn't always like this, they're never home and Dakota's always alone".

"I get it. I know it's hard. But it's worth it when you get to have parties all the time", he joked.

"That's true. You did that way too much", I laughed.

"I have to agree. Distance can kill a relationship between anyone. It kinda ruined mine with my mom."

"Did you know that this was the first time I've seen my dad since June? He stayed for graduation and left the next day. He's always working and I feel like I don't know him anymore. I just know that I never wanna put my kids through that".

"Me neither, it sucks".

"My mother's always gone too so I had no one growing up. No one to give me advice or no one to talk to when I was in certain situations".

"Yeah me too".

I sat in silence thinking about what I had to go through and I assumed he was doing the same since nothing was being said.

During the silence I heard a knock on my door and my mom walked in.

"Sweetie your dad and I are gonna head back to work, we have a flight to catch", she said.

"Ok, be safe and call me when you get there", I nodded as she left.

"She won't call me. She never does.", I shook my head.

"Lets go somewhere", Cameron jolted up.

"Where?", as soon as I asked that he got up and brought me to my drive way.

"What?, its Dakota playing basketball".

"We should play with him. Spend time with your brother while you get the chance".

"Fine".

Dakota was dribbling the ball normally until I came out of nowhere and stole it from him.

"You can't get me", I shouted as I went up for a basket.

As I went up a hand blocked the ball. I saw Dakota standing next to the ball with a smirk as he was high fiving Cameron.

"Gotcha", he said.

After playing basketball for an hour we finally all went inside. When we got inside, I went back to my room with Cameron while Dakota headed back to his room.

"That was fun", I said pulling him close to me.

"You know what would be even more fun?".

"What?".

He pressed his lips on mine hard as I wrapped my arms around him. He bit on my bottom lip a little just to make his tongue room to enter my mouth.

"I'm thankful for you ", I whispered.

"I'm thankful for you too ", he hugged me.

After we hung out for awhile more, he went home.

Authors note
There will probably be a lack of writing for about 2 weeks because I'm going on vacation. I'll try to update as much as possible in the next couple of days.