chapter 5

I wake up being shook by my sister Taylor.

"Lauren! Lauren! Wake up!"

I gasp and sit up tears dried on my face, me sweating like crazy. I must have had another nightmare. I have been having them ever since my mom died in the car crash but I lived.

"Are you okay? Are you having the nightmares again?" she asks softly while pulling me in a hug and rubbing my back.

"Yes and yes but I don't remember it so don't ask."

Her lips open then close she was obviously worried.I didn't blame her, we have all been worried lately. But they were mostly for me. Since I am the one who was affected the most. I loved my mom, she was my everything. To see her die in front of me at 17 years old is not pleasant. since you live, and your mom, your only friend dies instead. I blamed myself for that and everything that has happened in this family. It was all me, truthfully it was.

"Lauren? Are you sure you are okay?" Taylor says interrupting my thoughts.

"I'm not sure." I say looking over to the clock to see it is 5 o'clock already.

"I am gonna get ready for school though. So can you give me some privacy?"

With that she nods her head and walks outside of the door. I follow behind her and lock the door. I run over to my jewelry box and take out my razor that is under all the earrings I have inside it. Poking myself from all the earrings. Once I pick it up and I am about to slide it down my thigh I here her voice.

you're too beautiful and amazing for that.

I heard her say in my head over and over again. I then put the razor down in the jewelry box again and get ready for school.

How can she have this affect on me when we only started talking yesterday? How can I feel the way I do with her in only one day? These are the questions I have asked myself all night. Soon enough it is 6 o'clock I am dressed in my Paramore shirt, ripped jeans and my leather jacket. I go straighten my hair, then head downstair. My dad, Chris & Taylor were all eating. So I sit down and get a few pancakes and start to eat. I feel everyone's gaze on me. So I finish up grab my backpack and head out of my house to avoid being questioned. I start to walk to school since it is only a 10 minute walk away. When I hear a car honk at me.

"Lauren? you need a ride to school?" She yells out of her window.

"Neh I can walk." I say staring blankly at her car.

"Nonsense I'll drive you" with that she was parks the car, gets out pulls me to the car opens my door and puts me in. Next thing I know my seatbelt is on and we are on our way to school.

"So how have you been? Are you okay?" she asked breaking the silence between us.

"I'm fine I guess, been getting better then I was."

"Well thats great, I am glad." She says with a big smile on her face.

"Yeah I guess so." I say when we pull into the school parking lot. As soon as she parks the car I jump out of my seat and walk fast to the school. So it won't ruin Camila's rep by being seen with the school loner. But I guess some people saw because when I walked into the school I had many stares, but I always did so oh well.

I then walk into the music room and see my choir teacher. She just nods her head knowing I am about to ask her if I can practice on the piano, like I do every morning. I soon am behind the piano fingers about to start playing. Then the music happens I am playing piano my fingers working magic playing the melody singing to one of my favorite song by Shontelle

I remember years ago

someone told me I should take

caution when it comes to love, I did, I did

and you were strong and I was not

my illusions my mistake

I was careless I forgot I did, I did

and now whe-

~RING!~