Chapter 38-Finale

I need to know that you're mine, baby we've done enough talking got to be right now, gotta love me now or never.

†††††††††††

I felt completely weightless, floating through a dark abyss of comfort and silence. I was free-falling, no parachute, no safety net-just me and my body succumbing to the intense pressure and freedom of falling through the nothingness. Then, just as I'm about to hit the ground...I jerk awake and jolt up in the hospital bed I'm currently attached to. My sudden awakening has set off a number of alarms and causes some intense beeping from my heart monitor as the sudden noises catch me off guard.

A crash occurs outside my room followed by yelling. I frown as a flurry of doctors and nurses move into the room but there seems to be some sort of disturbance by the doorway.

"I'm fucking seeing her or I'll have your goddamn job you fucking asshole." A hoarse voice calls out and I sigh in relief when I hear Sin.

"Sin!" I yell out as doctors and nurses presume to run standard tests on me, checking my vitals and what not.

"I'm here baby." he pushes past the disgruntled male nurse attempting to stop him. He pushes past the nurses and doctors despite their protests and kisses me with such ferocity it's like it's the last time he'll ever do it.

"You're okay." he breathes out and suddenly everything doesn't seem that bad anymore.

"Sir, may you please leave the room we need to run some tests still and ask her a few questions." A doctor attempts to soothe him in a calm voice.

"I just got her back you think I'm fucking leaving her side?" Sin scoffs rudely and the doctor narrows her eyes at his rude behaviour.

"I'll be fine; it's just for a little bit." I assure him, caressing his cheek as I force him to look into my eyes and see that I'm okay. I know things between us are extremely shaky due to the fact that he completely shattered my heart by calling things off, but I just wanted to pretend everything was normal for a little while, well as normal as they can get. We could have our talk at a later stage.

"If you need me..." he trails off and I nod assuring him with a smile. After Sin leaves the doctor smiles at me warmly and introduces herself as Dr. Chopra.

"Marilyn I have a few questions for you." she states calmly, "But first I'm going to tell you how extremely lucky you are."

"Do you know what day it is?" she asks me, smiling comfortingly.

"Uh...Sunday?" I assume it's the day after Sin's party.

"Close, it's Tuesday." She nods her head and writes down something on her clipboard while the nurses check that everything is fine.

"I've been knocked out for almost 3 days?" I state incredulously. It felt like a couple of hours of sleep not days, no wonder I felt so weak.

"Yes, do you remember how you got here?" she asks me intensely.

I nod my head; I wish I could forget it.

"Good, we can knock amnesia off the cards." she nods pleased. After writing down a few more notes she addresses me with her full attention, "Okay Marilyn, it looks like you've got a couple of fractured ribs, some 2nd degree burns on your back area and a mild concussion." she rattles off the list as I sit there gobsmacked.

"Wow." I blink slowly as I process everything.

"You're lucky, extremely lucky." she smiles at me, "The impact of your fall could have completely crushed your windpipe and ribs, the fact that you're alive after your accident is something short of a miracle."