Chapter 4

They've been talking about the way I do what I do –they heard I was good they want to see if it's true-they know you're the one I want to give it to

†††††††††

Archer immediately loosened his grip on my arm and a frightful expression flashed crossed his face. And who the hell would blame him. Sin was huge. He looked to be well over 6ft and rocking some intricate tattoos all the way up his arms-not to mention that calm yet somehow intimidating tone of voice he always uses when he speaks to people. Definitely wouldn't blame Archer for being afraid.

A prideful look appeared on Archer's face, masking the fear he surely felt. But it was too late-Sin knew he was afraid of him.

"Who are you?" Archer shoved me behind him so that he was staring down Sin. Sin shot him a disinterested look and aimed his line of vision at me.

"You wanna leave?" he completely ignored Archer and the rest of the people around him-he was obviously here with a group but he seemed to forget about them the second he noticed the scene me and Archer were causing.

I nodded my head quickly and tried to remove my arm from Archer's grip yet again-but surprise, surprise he wasn't letting go. "You're not going anywhere with this asshole! You're my girlfriend and you're coming home with me."

Before I could even think about responding, Archer was suddenly and very violently pulled away from me. "I believe I told you to let her go." Sin bit out threateningly.  I could tell Sin was fighting to keep his anger at bay. I realized I had no clue what this man was capable of-surely he's killed people before, being the leader of a gang and all that.

"I don't have to listen to you! She's my girlfriend." Archer gestured angrily in my direction. "Say something Mari! Tell this guy to get lost!" he looked at me pleadingly.

I couldn't do what he asked of me, because for some absurd reason I felt safer with Sin, 'the gang leader' instead of my own boyfriend. I instantly remembered the way Archer roughly gripped my arm as I tried to leave. Sweet, kind, caring Archer-turned into a total monster in the matter of a few minutes.

"Archer you should go." I barely whispered-but everyone seemed to hear me. For a few moments there was complete silence as everyone in the entire restaurant stared at me with sympathy.

"What did you say?" he stared at me in confusion even though I'm pretty sure he heard what I said perfectly clearly.

"I said leave, Archer." I bit out a bit louder than before. Sin came to stand next to me; I could almost feel the smug look he was sending Archer.

Archer's eyes darted frantically between me and Sin and I could almost hear the disbelief and suspicious thoughts he was having. Good, let him think Sin and I had a thing, maybe he'd feel an inch of the hurt I was currently experiencing. His gaze finally settled on me. "You'd go with this-this guy, over me?"

"I feel safer with him, honestly speaking." I quirked an eyebrow at him, my words aiming to hurt him and hurt him they did. He looked at me with an absolutely broken expression before staring at the ground in shame. For a second I thought I went too far—but then I remembered the way I felt when Faye dropped the bomb about his cheating and just like that- the remorse was gone.

"Come on." Sin placed his hand on the small of my back to lead me away.

Suddenly Archer's head snapped up from its previous position and he sent a venomous glare in Sin's direction. "This isn't over." He straightened his jacket and walked calmly out of the restaurant doors.