Chapter 1

Hey there!
Thank you for choosing to read PLG, I would really appreciate it if you could like and comment. I hope you enjoy the story ❤️

Don't you know people write songs about girls like you?

†††††††

"Marilyn, you're spacing again." a voice says as I feel a constant tapping on my left shoulder. I whip my head up from its previous position to give a weak half-smile to my best friend, Faye Daniels.

"Thanks." I say monotonously as I grab my throbbing head. I was up all night for the third time that week, studying my ass off for the test we were having today-only to find out it had been cancelled.

"Yeah, well can't have you miss our lecture-you're gonna need to hear this stuff if you're gonna make us pass this class." Faye giggles under her breath. I snort softly in response.

"By the way, are you going to that frat party tonight?" Faye questions, not taking her eyes off our Psych professor.

"I don't think so." I reply as I try and rub the drowsiness out of my eyes. "I don't think I can take another night of not sleeping."

"Oh come on, you can sleep when you're dead-have some fun for once, you're the only person I know, that came to college just to learn." She rolls her eyes.

"Firstly that's the point of college in case you forgot, and maybe the reason I'm the only person you know that cares about school is because you hang out with rich, air-headed losers who think the only important things in life is partying and popularity."

Faye's eyes slightly widened and she gave me an incredulous look, "Ouch." She muttered.

"Sorry for bitching but I'm running on 2 hours of sleep and 4 energy drinks, can you really blame me?" I groan softly and grab my head for the 1000000th time that morning.

"Whatever, I'll let your comment slide but don't think I'm giving up on the whole party thing." She poked me.

"Wel-"I started off but was cut off.

"Miss Daniels, Miss Rhodes-would either of you care to answer my question?" Mr. Dumont's booming voice interrupted what I was going to say.

"Uhm, would the answer be 9?" Faye smiled sheepishly. A few snickers were heard around the room.

"Very funny Ms. Daniels, if my lecture is boring you and your accomplice, feel free to leave." Mr. Dumont rolled his eyes and continued teaching.

I slid down in my seat in embarrassment. The disdainful looks around me were hard to ignore.

†††††††

"Oh gosh, calm down it wasn't that big of a deal." Faye snickered as she leafed through the latest Cosmopolitan magazine in front of her. We were currently seated at The Brew, a coffee house on campus and I was still worrying over the scolding we got in psychology.

"But now he probably thinks we're slackers or something-he won't like us and did you see how everyone was looking at us-like we were little kids or something, like now we won't meet-." I was cut off by Faye slapping her hand over my mouth.

"Calm down drama queen, no-one cares, everyone was talking and/or fooling around and Mr. Dumont knew it-we were just the ones he decided to call out." She laughed slightly, "I think it's time to ease up on all those energy drinks Mari"

"You're probably right." I shook my head and ran a hand through my wavy hair.

"I'm always right sweetie." Faye smirks at me before taking a sip of her cappuccino.