Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Mom! I'm going over to Beth's. I'll be home pretty late!" I yelled.

My mom mumbled something incoherent. She was drunk like usual.

I ran out the door and called Beth.

"Hey Shan! Did you tell your mom you're coming over here?" Beth asked.

"Yeah. She's drunk again so she probably won't bother to check where I am, but just in case. Thanks for covering my ass Bethy. I owe you big time!" I told her.

"Ya you do. Enjoy the concert and buy me a shirt or something. I'll talk to you tomorrow at school." She said before she hung up.

I waved down a taxi and hopped in. "Air Canada Centre please." I told the driver.

He dropped me off at the arena. I paid him and hopped out of the cab.

I took a deep breathe and smiled. My first concert. And it was a fucking Simple Plan concert at that!
My mom gave me a credit card so I could pay the bills and stuff because she couldn't be trusted with money. I secretly bought front row tickets to the Simple Plan concert. I couldn't tell her because, even though she cared very little about what happened to me, she would have freaked out because I was going without any supervision.

I walked in the arena and stood in line. I gave the ticket guy my ticket and he waved me in. I found the right door and went and waited for the concert to start.

It was a long show. All Time Low, These Kids Wear Crowns and Marianas Trench opened for Simple Plan. I was excited to see Mtrench and ATL also, but I was mainly there for Simple Plan.
The opening acts were amazing. I was pumped when Simple Plan came on stage. The opening song was, of course, Shut Up! I managed to get right up front. I was smashed up to the barricades in front of the stage. I was right in between where Sebastien and Pierre.

About halfway through the set, during 'This Song Saved My Life,' I felt myself being pushed farther forward. I turned around slightly and found myself being watched my a man who looked like he was about 30.

"Hey gorgeous." He yelled over the music.

"I'm trying to enjoy the concert if you could leave me alone please." I yelled back politely.

I tried to wiggle away from him, but he stepped forward and stepped on my foot. I let out a scream of pain.

"Oh come on baby! Let's have some fun." The man said.

He started touching me and I didn't like it. I tried to get away, but he was stepping on me and preventing from leaving.

Suddenly the song stopped.

"Hey! Leave the poor kid alone! She's just trying to enjoy the concert." I heard Sebastien yell.

"What are you gonna do about it pretty boy?" The man yelled.

Sebastien dropped his guitar. He jumped off the stage and came to help me! The guy had me by the neck. Sebastien tried to fight the man, but couldn't. The man punched Sebastien in the face, possibly breaking his nose and grabbing his arm and slamming it into the metal barrier. Sebastien cried out in pain.

Pierre, Jeff and Chuck jumped off the stage to help. "Get Seb and the girl backstage and get this guy out of the building!" Pierre yelled at security.

I felt myself being lifted over the barrier by Pierre. He put me down and gave me to one of the security guards. The guard lifted me onto the stage, where David was waiting with a hand to help me up. Security got Sebastien on stage. David and I helped him backstage.

When we got backstage, I started freaking out.

"Sebastien! I am so sorry! Your hand and nose could be broken! This is all my fault!" I ranted.

Sebastien smiled. "No it's not. You didn't ask for that guy to walk up and start abusing you. It was my decision to help you. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I let a kid get hurt right in front of me."

"Let me see your hand," David said.

Sebastien gave David his hand. David looked at it and cringed. "It looks broken to me. Can you go in that cooler and grab some ice sweetheart?"

"Of course!" I ran over to the cooler and grabbed some ice. I put it in a plastic bag that was on top of the cooler. I found a towel and gave both to David.

He gave the ice and towel to Sebastien. He winced when the ice was put on his hand.

"Fuck! This is all my fault! I just ruined this concert!" I yelled.

David smiled at me. "You're too young to swear. And no you didn't. We can figure something out."

I sat quietly while David looked at Sebastien's hand and nose. The rest of the band came over a few minutes later.

"You okay Seb?" Pierre asked.

"I'm fine I guess," Sebastien answered nervously.

"Bullshit! You're hand and nose are probably broken!" David said.

Pierre looked over and noticed me. He bent down and looked at me. "You okay sweetheart?" He asked sweetly, sounding concerned.

I nodded nervously.

He helped me to my feet.

"No really, are you okay? I didn't really see what happened, but it had to be bad if Seb stopped and went to help you." He said.

"I'm okay I think. Thanks for saving me." I answered shyly.

"Why didn't you just move away from the guy?" Chuck asked.

"He had me smashed up against the barricade and he was stepping on my foot so I couldn't move even if I wanted to." I told him.

They all looked at me sympathetically.

"So what are we gonna do about the concert? Seb can't play and we can't cancel." Jeff said.

"It's just a suggestion that you don't have to consider, but I can play all of Sebastien's parts on the guitar. I know every Simple Plan song." I offered shyly.

"You do? Are you sure you can play all of Seb's parts? Can you sing his parts too?" Pierre asked.

I nodded. "I'm a massive SP fan so I can play every song on guitar, bass and drums. I just can't play Jeff's part cause I haven't practiced them."

"Let's test this first." Pierre said.

He gave me a guitar and named off a bunch of Simple Plan songs off the top of his head. I played them all, singing Sebastien's parts as I played.

"You seem like you can do it. Seb, you okay with her playing your guitars for the rest of the concert?" Chuck asked.

"Go ahead. It's not like I can use them." Sebastien answered.

"Alrighty then. Let's go kiddo!" David said putting his arm around me.

I turned and looked at Sebastien. He was smiling at me. "I'll do you proud Sebastien!" I yelled.

"I know you will! And call me Seb sweetheart!" He yelled back.

****************************************************

Hey guys!!!

So this is one of the first fanfics I ever wrote and it was over a year ago and I started putting it on Instagram, but i got bored. There are like 3 chapters on Instagram, but I think i have like 10 chapters written. It's not done yet, but they are really long chapters, so I hope you like it.

P.S. I had to change the name of the main girl, so if I missed one, let me know. The girls name is Shannon BTW. So if you see a girls name other than Shannon or Shan, let me know so I can change it.

Anyways... Hope you like it!

Love you!

Bye!

Haley