Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The 7 of us (the band, Patrick and me) all flew to Toronto to confront my mom. Pierre and Patrick both rented cars (we didn't all fit in one car and we didn't want a van). It was me, Chuck, David and Pierre in one and Patrick, Seb and Jeff in the other.

We all drove to my house. I took a deep breath and looked at everyone. They all smiled nervously at me. We were all nervous about what what going to happen.

I led the group. I walked to the front door and unlocked it (I still had my key). I opened the door and walked in,

"Mom!" I screamed.

There was no answer.

"Mom! I know you're here!" I screamed louder.

Still no answer.

"For fuck sakes," I huffed under my breath.

I walked down the hallway and into the living room. I found her.

She was laying face down on the floor. I walked over and flipped her over. She was unconscious, but still breathing. She had overdosed, again.

"Jesus Christ!" I screamed.

I grabbed the phone off the table and called 911.

"911, What's your emergency?" The operator asked.

"My mom overdosed. Again." I told the operator.

"Is she conscious?" The operator asked.

"No, but she's breathing."

"What's your address?"

I gave it to her.

"We're sending an ambulance. It will be there soon."

"Alright thank you."

I hung up and flopped on the couch. Seb sat beside me and put his arm around me. No one said anything. We all sat in a complete, sort of uncomfortable silence.

I heard the ambulance coming. I got up and walked to the front door. I swung it open. I saw the paramedics pulling the stretcher out of the back. A few police cars drove up too.

I knew one of the paramedics and 2 of the cops. I waved at them. They smiled sadly at me. The paramedic (whose name was Jason) came over to me.

"Hey kid. How've ya been?" He asked.

"I've been good. A lot better then I have been." I told him.

"What did she OD on this time?"

"No idea. I've been gone for the past few months. Came home to see if she'd sign an adoption paper and she was unconscious on the floor."

"Where have you been?"

"On tour with Simple Plan."

He looked at me, confused.

I shrugged.

The boys all appeared behind me in the doorway.

"You OK kid?" Pierre asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I answered.

The paramedics came with a stretcher and took my mom. The 2 police officers that I knew (who's names where Jenny and Kyle) stayed behind with us while the others followed the ambulance.

"Hey kid. What happened this time?" Jenny asked.

I shrugged. "I've been gone for the past few months, I came back and she was unconscious on the floor."