66. Don't cry over boys

Draco's POV

"Blaise, you idiot! What have you done? Nott, are you insane, too? Why on Earth have you told her?!" I thundered at them.

She must hate me for good now. I'm doomed.

"She would've found out anyways!" Nott shouted.

"No, she wouldn't!"

"What's the difference, Draco, she's leaving!" Blaise roared.

With unbelievable amounts of anger stirring up inside me, I left the Great Hall. She was nowhere to be seen, but what did it matter? I couldn't talk to her now.

Why have I done this...

I ran to the Owlery, wishing I'd be out of Hogwarts immediately.

I don't want to see any of them anymore.

This jerk. He knew all along. He was just looking and having fun, he could've at least told me, he...

On the other hand, Draco Malfoy doesn't make a bet he isn't sure to win. He - at least - knew I'd never date Nott.

When I reached the Owlery, I gave the letter to the first owl I noticed - it was a large, tawny one. Pity my own was at home. The owl took flight towards the windows immediately. She should reach London by today's afternoon.

I hid myself in the library until the end of the day, then went to my dormitory to pack most of my things.

"Hey, I heard you were leaving, is it true?" came Pansy's voice from somewhere behind me and I turned to her with a sigh. I only needed her to eternal happiness.

"Yes, I'm leaving. You can start celebrating now," I said impatiently, then squatted to my trunk.

Pansy stood stunned for a moment, then spoke again:

"Goodbye, I guess."

"Mhm," I hummed in response, not looking up at her. Who would've predicted she'd say goodbye to me? She spoke like a human for once!

On the next morning, Slughorn caught me in front of the common room and told me to go to Snape's office. I was glad to hear it, because it probably meant my parents got the letter. I didn't even go to breakfast and with light's speed I was in front of the Headmaster's office's door.

Snape let me enter after I had knocked.

"Well, Miss Mullen, I trust you know why you're here. I've talked to your parents."

"Are they coming, sir?" I asked to be sure.

"They should be here any minute," he indicated the fireplace. "I take that Draco has talked to you."

My eyes widened in surprise. Snape was in it, too? Did they all know? And by all I mean Draco's parents and Bellatrix?

"Yes," I replied breathlessly.

He simply nodded and said nothing else, while my head was bulging with weird thoughts. What if it was a misunderstanding - again? What if they forced Draco to do it? That would explain the letter... But it doesn't explain other things, Bellatrix surely didn't care about my safety, she cared about us being together... Hold on, they had no idea we actually were together...

Suddenly, there was a swoosh and a blur of green light in the fireplace, and my Father stepped out of it, followed by my Mother.

"Good morning, professor Snape," my Father said and Snape greeted them politely, too. Then he turned to me.