[Chapter Twenty-Five] Never Enough

I stretched my sore body and let out a loud moan yawn. Gideon sure knew ways to keep us up most of the night, and despite the rest, I did get, it wasn't enough. Still, what we did was worth the loss of sleep.

How do people find this and ever get rest? If I had Gideon in my bed every night, I don't think I'd sleep again.

His warm breath caressed across my neck as he snuggled his nose behind my ear. "We aren't getting up yet. I'm too comfortable." His gravelly voice whispered into my neck. He brushed his nose up and took a deep breath while pulling me even deeper into his hold. He secured me in his arms, with no hope of escaping.

The smile spread across my face and happiness poured into my soul. With Gideon keeping me close to his chest, I allowed my hand to glide along his arm. The feel of him pressed up behind me, and his breath on my skin caused the desire to rise again. Before I could help myself, I shifted my hips. Just a little bit, but it was enough to elicit a groan from Gideon.

He tightened his hold and whispered in my ear. "You keep rubbing against me like that. I won't be held accountable for ravishing you after." In response, I shifted my hips again.

**

I finally extracted myself from Gideon's hold and attentions. I could say honestly, it was the last thing I wanted to do, but I had to get food. After my stomach growled while his lips moved down to kiss it, he laughed and forced me to get up. He swore we could pick things back up later.

We walked down the hall, conversations and laughter poured from the kitchen. I paused at the sound of it. Stopping caused me to pull on Gideon's hand. He turned to face me and tilted his head to the side. Whatever look he saw had him pressing me back against the wall.

I let out a squeal unable to keep it in. Gideon was so quick I didn't even have time to stop him. His hands cupped my face and forced me to look up. "You are mine now, which means you'll," A sweet sounding child's voice interrupted whatever he was about to say.

"Gideon!" A huge smile spread across his face at hearing her voice. He planted a quick kiss on my lips and turned to the girl.

"Hello, Chef, what have you made me for breakfast?" He went up to Erik's daughter and ruffled her blonde hair. She sent a spark of light and caught Gideon in the side. They laughed together as he wrapped his arms around her and walked back into the kitchen.

I stood stunned in the hallway.

The blonde poked her head back out. Curious blue eyes watched me. "Hey, Gideon's girlfriend, are you going to make a plate?" I nodded and followed her into the kitchen.

"She has a name, Gracie." Mari reprimanded her daughter, but Gideon cut in with a laugh.

"Nah, I like it. Gideon's girlfriend." He shoved a bite of food into his mouth and winked at me.

I bit the inside of my cheek, and the blush bloomed across my neck. I would admit to myself— I liked it too. I'd never been someone's girlfriend.

Those around me talked about everything and nothing, just comfortable in each others presence. I took up the seat at the bar next to Gideon and ate silently, relaxing into the feeling of home and happiness. I shoved a bite of omelet in my mouth and hummed my approval.

God this food was amazing. "Wait, did you make this?" I looked at Erik's daughter.

She nodded and rolled her eyes. "Yes, this is my kitchen,"

"Okay, Ramsey, finish your breakfast. We have a plane to catch." Mari shook her head at her daughter. I couldn't help but laugh. "And yes, Veronica, she cooked you breakfast. She just has a bit of an ego about it."