Keep Me Close When You Need Me the Most Chapter Nine

mirakiayah asked for more, so you will get more mirakiayah! lol

Votes and comment please!

Chapter Nine

Helena's PoV

I stared at the girl and wondered who she was. She had guts; I had to give her that. Err, well she doesn't know what I am, she only thinks I am someone like them, with the whole changing into a wolf thing, just from somewhere else. But still, she was the first person ever to stand up against me.

"I didn't threaten you," Leah argued. Okay, she does have a really slight point, but I would never admit it. Alec would have a field day if he knew. "I just want to know the person my brother imprinted on before I give her my okay." Imprinting again, what is it? Even if I didn't know, I liked the fact that Seth imprinted on me.

"Okay... what is an imprint?" I ask.

"We'll get to that when we finish telling you about what we know about us." Sam says from his seat on my couch.

"Fine, fine," I huff. I wonder how long this... story or tale, is? Maybe it's a myth or legend... well... As old as I am, I'm not good at everything like people think... Yes, I'm talking about Aro, Alec, and Jane.

"So do you want the long version, or the short 'cut the crap' version?" Paul said. I like him, he has this sense of attitude that I like. But I like Seth better.

"Short version. I don't need the whole La Push legend or bedtime story being told to me." I say with a smile. "Just would like to know how you originated and what this all means. Like what you guys can do, and what you do... if you get my unexplained version of a long question."

"Do you know the Quileute legends?" Sam asked. I shook my head no. "Then we will go with the bedtimes stories, as you put it." Sam said smirking. I laughed lightly and nodded okay to tell the 'bedtime stories'.

The guys took turn in telling the really interesting legends that had been passed down for generations. What they believed to just be myths when they were kids, and now as adults believing them because they became true to them. But only certain people knew.

"So before your ancestors became some huge wolf, they were spirit walkers?" I asked, intrigued in this finding. Spirit walkers were supposed to be an extinct mythical creature. Over the centuries I have been alive for, I only three or four, and I only met them when I was quite young.

This could very well explain how they became extinct. If this group came from spirit walkers, more could be around, just in animal forms... and they can't spirit walk anymore.

"Okay... I don't know what a spirit walker is. But let's just they were." Sam said, a bit confused in my term for his people.

"And your mission is to kill vampires..." This part was bad, very bad. I wonder what would happen to me if I told them my identity. Actually, I think that would be a very bad idea.

"Well vampires that could harm our people." Jared answered for me.

"But we have a treaty with a coven of vampires that live in Forks; you know them by the Cullens." Embry said. This was good... wait, never mind. The Cullens drank from animals. I didn't. I guess I would be a 'threat' to them.

"But we only have the treaty because they promise never to bite a human. Or go over the treaty line. If they go against either, we get to hunt them down." Paul continued. I smirked mentally, drama was in the horizon. Bella had to be turned or she would be killed. But to turn her, Edward or Carlisle would have to bite her.

"Okay," I give them a smile. It wasn't a fake smile, but it wasn't real. "So where do I get put in all of this? And you still haven't answered me about the imprint thing."

"Where you get put in all this, I have no clue whatsoever." Sam answered. He didn't have to really, I was in this because I was an ability copying vampire that copied the wrong ability and got caught. "The imprint thing should be answered by your imprint though." Sam smirked.

"My imprint?" I asked skeptically. All the guys laughed. Leah frowned, while Emily and Kim smiled softly. I could begin to like those two.

"Yup, Seth here imprinted on you. But we do wonder if you imprinted on him." Jake answered. "The situation would be funny when if both of you were danger. One would be like 'Let me die for you' and the other 'No let me die' then both of you die because of your fight and no one was paying any attention." Everyone looked at Jake with confusion. I think somewhere in his mind, he thought that was funny.

Jake looked at us and went into an awkward silence. "Uhh..."

"I think somewhere in your mind you thought that was funny." Sam says. I had to stifle my laugh, I agreed with Sam, somewhere in that mind of Jake's.

"I have a question about imprinting." I say, and everyone gives me a quizzical look.

"We haven't even told you about it." Jared says.

"I know, but isn't imprinting something to do with ducklings?" I get more quizzical looks. "Like when a duck hatches, it 'imprints' on the first thing that moves, believing it's their mother." I explain. This causes everyone to laugh, even Leah. I must have sounded dumb.

"I guess in some ways it's the same." Sam says through laughs. "But it isn't the first thing we see, or that we believe our imprint is our mother." Paul snorts. Geez, my ego has been damaged enough.

"Our imprints are people that we live for." Sounds like a vampire's mate. "We can be friends, mentors, confidents, and lovers. Anything they want us to do." Jared explains as he wraps his arm around Kim. I guess that she is her imprint.

"Most of the time, our imprints will become lovers as we shower them with affection. We also die mentally when our imprint dies." Sam continues. Is this a pattern with them? It seems as they all take turns explaining it to me... well Sam has done it the most though.

"We imprint when we look in the eyes of the person. We have no control on who it is. We feel like gravity doesn't come from the earth, but from that one person. Our lives will revolve around our imprint. We will want to protect that person from everything that could possibly happen." Embry continues from Sam. This is starting to sound more and more like a vampire's mate... and my feelings toward Seth.

"Now we all have different ideas on why we imprint. Some believe that the person is our soul mate. Some believe it's to make stronger wolves." Quil chirps in. "I also have an imprint, she's Emily's niece... she's also only two. That's why we are whatever our imprints need us to be. We can't control on who..." Paul cuts in.

"We already told her that part," he says. "If we could, I would pick the hottest girl out there." Man-whore...

"So Seth imprinted when I was a wolf," I say slowly. Seth nods.

"When we first met, you were wearing very dark shades. But I could feel the pull you had on me." He smiles at me. Leah rolls her eyes.

"Well that was fun, but I'm going home now." She says and walks out the backdoor. What's up with her?

"Don't mind Leah's attitude." Sam says when a silence falls on us when Leah stomps away. "We used to date, but it's a whole other story." He adds quickly before I can ask more. I nod a little.

"So what do you want to do now?" I ask, trying to push away the awkward silence that fell on everyone.