Chapter Ten

Mari and Charlie walked back into the venue just as Ava reached the stage to make some announcements

Mari and Charlie walked back into the venue just as Ava reached the stage to make some announcements. Stefan, Blake, Dustin, and Laurie were hovering by the side with drinks.

"Are you really holding a bowl of chips to yourself?" Mari snorted at Dustin, who was protecting his bowl.

"I'm not really surprised at this point. Is that bad?" Laurie joked. Charlie walked towards Stefan with a determined look. He looked over his shoulder and noticed her swaying a bit. She grabbed his waist and pulled him closer only she tugged on him a little too much sending him to crash right into her body. She stumbled backwards but not before he grabbed her arm and prevented her from falling. Again, she grabbed his waist and pulled him closer. He leaned in and sniffed her breath.

"Are you kidding me? Why? You could get in trouble! Charlie?" Stefan scolded.

"I'm not doing anything!" Charlie giggled and held onto him in a suffocating embrace. His arms were out and above her as he looked down at his drunk date.

"I know, I know," Mari intervened. "I told her not to."

Stefan leaned into Mari and pulled back with a frown once he took a whiff. "Mari!" he gasped.

"What? She made me! Plus, you know I can hold down my alcohol. She... well... obviously can't."

Charlie smiled goofily and swayed with the music. She felt amazing and she could see the music notes flying into the air as her friends argued.

"Let's... let's dance, guys! Come on, form a circle!" she exclaimed. "I'm not drunk, guys!"

Everyone looked at her with a complacent look. "Okay, so maybe I am but I'm still right in the mind! Blake, come on!" Charlie insisted, grabbing Blake's hand and dancing.

"I like drunk Charlie. Let's keep her," he laughed, as he twirled her around. She stumbled a little bit but held onto his shoulder.

"We need to get her away and sober up. Ms. Dutch is looking this way," Stefan said, sternly. "God, I didn't think she was this lightweight."

"Well, she didn't eat," Mari squeaked. "Hey, don't blame me! This is all on her! She went to Joey for this."

"Just when I think I know her, she pulls this shit," Stefan chuckled. "I'm gonna' go take her out into the hall and just wait it out."

"I'll go with you!" Mari said.

"Nah, you go hang with Isaac, wherever he is."

"I have a feeling he doesn't like me. He just kind of disappeared," she said, shrugging her shoulders. It didn't bother her as much as she thought it would.

"Makes the two of us. Rachel left early," Blake chimed in. Stefan held Charlie's hand and walked towards the doors. She leaned her head and weight on him as he pushed the doors and entered a different hallway.