Chapter 44

Everyday I wake up and I think maybe things are finally going to go back to normal and Daisy will be back home where she belongs but no ones seen or heard from her and every time I think about it too much I cry.

I look over at Daisy diary I haven't read much of it, it hurts too bad because there was so much going on in her life and I wasn't there for her.

I open the diary and turn to a random page.

Dear diary,
I finally made it to my senior year! I can't believe it time does go by really fast. There's so much I want to do this year while I still have the chance. I've been writing everything down but I know I won't be able to accomplish everything on my list. I'm really excited for prom and to graduate with my classmates. Even though high school hasn't been the easiest I will never forget this time, I think it's made me who I really am. I'm a little sad though when I was a freshman I always imagined senior year would be like that I would be doing all this fun stuff like senior year skip day and going dress shopping for prom and going to homecoming games and graduating with Trevor, Ruby, Hazel and Felix.... I hate that we drifted apart but I guess because we are so different.

I shut the diary not being able to read it anymore.

I look over at Felix window and wanting to talk to him.

It takes everything out of me and swallowing my pride, I take out the walkie talkie "Felix?" I say but nothing, he must of turned it off

I walk over to my window and lift it up and climb onto the roof, I'm really lucky our houses are really close, I grab a hold of the tree branch and swing over to Felix roof and slowly and carefully walk to his window.

I knock on his window, I can see inside Felix room. Felix at his desk and as soon as I knocked he looks behind him and I can tell he's confused that I'm wanting to talk to him and also looking at me like I'm a crazy person for being on his roof.

He lift up his window for me "are you crazy?" He says as I climb inside his room

"It's completely safe" I tell him

"What do you need Hazel?" He says I can tell he's trying to act mad but failing

"You're right" I say and look down at my feet

"What? About what?" He says confused

"I'm one of the reasons our group fell apart" I look up at him trying not to get emotional

He looks at me and let's out a sad sigh "I shouldn't of said that it's not true"

"But it is and I know it" I fold my arms "maybe if I hadn't pushed everyone away Daisy might still be here"

He puts his hand on my arm "don't ever say that none of this is your fault" he says softly "and I'm sorry too your right about me and I hate how I am sometimes I'm a coward and a jerk"

I don't say anything.

"I'm really sorry please forgive me Hazel" he says looking deep into my eyes like he needs me to accept his apology

"I forgive you" I give him a little smile and hug him

"Thank you" he says as he wraps his arms around me

We stand there for a few seconds neither one of us wanting to let go