"I'm Mr. Higginson, your sub for the day," the teacher informed us after standing up from Mrs. Sparks's desk, and pretty much every single girl went completely gaga over him, but I only rolled my eyes at it all. I really wasn't in the mood for all of this. "Mrs. Sparks said that all you have to do is watch a video today, and that's it."

I let out a sigh, happy that we didn't have to work on our songs. I still didn't think that I would have been able to face Blake. This had to have been my lucky day.

The girls swooned over the sub as he put the DVD in the DVD player, and I made a face. This guy was attractive, sure, but he was just like Mr. Meyers to me. They both just had the same vibe. And Mr. Meyers ended up having romantic feelings for me, so who knew if this guy was any different...

I just had to focus on the movie, not some substitute teacher. If I did take my focus off the movie, I would have started thinking about unnecessary things, like the substitute or how I was going to tell Blake that I knew his secret.

I didn't want to do it at school. I knew that that school was the one place I couldn't tell him... There were way too many people around. I had to tell him when we were completely alone.

I lied to Blake and told him I had a test to retake during lunch, even though I really just hid out in a janitor's closet like an idiot. I sat there for about half of lunch until I heard voices and footsteps.

"Blake, you can't just interrupt her if she's in the middle of a test," I heard Jane call out, and I jumped off of the bucket I was sitting on and moved closer to the door. I moved the curtains covering the small window on the door, my eyes widening when I saw Blake and Jane about to pass by.

"I don't know what's wrong with her, but I know that something's wrong," Blake sighed impatiently when Jane grabbed his arm, and he looked like he just wanted to continue down the hall. "She's been acting weird all day. I don't know if it's just because of me or if it's something else..."

"She's not feeling well today, Blake," Jane comforted, her hand still on arm. I remembered the lie I had told her that morning, and I couldn't help but hope she wouldn't tell him that... "She's just feeling sick, that's all."

"I guess that's understandable," I could barely hear him grumble, and he removed his arm from her grasp. "She had a hangover yesterday, so many something just carried on into today. I really hope she's feeling alright."

Jane smiled at her childhood friend. "You really care about her, don't you, Blake?"

Blake looked away from her. "I care about her more than anything. I've never cared about someone as much as I care about her."

My chest tightened, and I really thought I was going to cry. Did this mean that he felt the same way about me that I did for him? Or did that mean that I was just a good friend to him? I probably shouldn't have been jumping to conclusions...

"Then maybe you should tell her that and not me," Jane suggested, a large smile plastered on her face. "I'm sure she'll be happy to hear it."

Blake scoffed. "Sure, whatever."

And when the two of them turned back toward the cafeteria, I sat back down on the overturned bucket and started thinking again, which I really should have stopped doing. Thinking at that moment was just making me feel even worse...

I had to go to gym after this, which I definitely wasn't looking forward to. Not only that, but I then had to go to Mr. Meyers's class and then art, and both classes had Blake in it.

He was literally the sweetest boy I had ever met in my entire life. I couldn't believe that I had used to be annoyed with him before we had become partners for Mrs. Sparks's project. I really loved him more than anyone...