Gone

~~~Poe POV~~~

"No- Liu!" I shook her body. Her limbs were beginning to stiffen in rigor motis, and her pale skin was warming up. Her lungs had been emptied of air a long time ago. When I woke, there was a puddle of blood around us, and we were coated in the stuff. "I love you." I whispered in her ear. Tears ran down my face and I kissed her cheek. A bright purple glow appeared in her eyes. "Why'd you leave me?" The glow spread across her body. I held her closer. I propped her up against the cage's wall. I shrunk and slipped from the shackles. "I'll kill them! Every last one!" I've never tried this form before. Here goes! I felt my skin begin to boil and evaporate. I gathered into a big, dark cloud inside the cage. I slipped between the cage's bars. I changed, feathers covering my body, and large claws on my hands and feet. I elongated my tail, now it was long like a whip and sharp with little claws. My skin began to glow a vibrant purple, showing just barely under the black raven's feathers. I was so angry and heartbroken, it hurt me to bear it. I turned back, seeing her broken body. The glow on her body disappeared, but I could feel a presence in the room. I broke the cage open from the outside, and changed back to my usual form. She stirred. I rushed back to her and scooped up her body.

"Hehe." She was laughing. "Did you think I was dead?" I shook her

"Be serious! I almost just went to kill the Sakamakis!" She laughed

"I thought you knew vampires sleep like they're dead. The only way to tell if they're alive or not is to wait and see." She stood. "I'm healed, but we should probably start getting ready to go." She looked into my eyes. "I think I know how to free you."

~~~

We stood at the edge of the ravine again. Liu had stolen her things back. She turned he pages in her poem book.

"I wrote you a poem. I'll read it before I free you." She began

"Everyone wants something

Dull people wish for smarts

Greedy people wish for wealth

A thing I'd like to wish, I

Really want to love you

-

A problem with it, however

Liu is dying inside

Lewd thoughts fill my head

A promise is the only thing stopping me

Never will I, though.

-

Poe, please leave me with memories

Of what we've done together

Everything would be complete

-

Really, I want you to stay, however

A nagging voice makes me

Veer toward the knife

Eternity awaits

Nevermore"

-

I watched as tears flooded her eyes.

"Now it's time." She closed the book.

"One more request." I stopped her. "Please sing a lullaby for me." She nodded, and opened her mouth

"Are you going to

Scarborough fair?

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

Remember me to one who lives there.

She was once a true love of mine."

She sounds almost like a bird. How fitting. I spread my wings and heard Liu whimper.

~~~Liu POV~~~

Tears ran down my face, and I raised the dagger. I hacked off his wings, blood dripping from the wounds. I heard tendons snap and bones break. After a few minutes, they fell off. Poe seemed to be in no pain whatsoever, and he turned around. He smiled and kissed me. We shared our last kiss in tears; we both knew he'd be gone. I raised the dagger again, and plunged it into his chest. He coughed blood and his legs buckled. He fell into the ravine. I sobbed, watching him fall. He was impaled by several spikes, two through his chest and one through his leg. I fell to my knees. "He's gone." I began to step towards the edge.

"Don't take another step." Reiji pushed up his glasses

"You!" I snarled

"I'm proud. Really." His garnet eyes glowed "I never liked that birdbrain much."

"Shut up!"

"Heh. You really think I'll just let you go?" I turned and ran off the side.

"Yeah, bitch." A single tear flew from my eye as I fell. I hit the spikes. Hard. I hacked and coughed, trying to clear my lungs. I was bleeding out again. I reached over and touched Poe's face. I saw the Sakamaki brothers apppear around us. Subaru looked like he was about to cry, while the others watched almost hapily.

"Finally, the end of our proble-." Subaru socked Reiji in the face mid-sentence.

"You know, I never loved you." Laito?

"In the moment, I'd forgotten you weren't a pure-blood." Shu looked on lazily. And then, I really don't know what happened. It all went blank. I knew I wasn't dead, but I had a feeling of numbness in my body.

~~~

Gather the flowers

Roses and violets

Inside the coffin

Making a crown

-

Red like his blood

Everyone has something

A single weakness

Poe's was his heart

Ending wasn't happy

Red blood surrounds them

~~~