Difference in the Riddle

"Hey Liu."

"Yeah, Poe?" I pulled my face out of the book of poems I was reading.

"What does it feel like to suck blood?" I tapped my chin.

"Well, it's like eating food. Basically, you just bite the person and then suck the blood from their skin. Swallow, and repeat." Poe nodded his understanding.

"What's it like to be sucked?"

"You know that came out sounding really wrong, right."

"...You're right." He chuckled "Okay, what's it like to have your blood sucked?"

"I can suck yours if you want to know. It's kind of tiring for the person who's being drained though."

"Um...okay?" He flinched as I walked toward him.

"This will sting." I stradled him and held his head up. I placed my lips on his neck and bit down.

"Ngh!" He flinched as my fangs pierced his neck.  His blood flowed into my mouth, and I could tell it was unusual. It felt hot at first, then icy cold. It filled my nose with a scent almost like menthol, but it faded into something similar to sweet coffee. I pulled away and licked off the blood dripping from the wound.

"Hmm."

"W-what's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just unlike anything I've ever tasted." I climbed off of him and smiled. "Thanks. I was thirsty. I haven't drank in a few weeks." He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Weeks!?"

"Yeah."

"But don't they drink almost every day?" Poe was referring to how the brothers tended to feed off me and Yui fairly often.

"Yeah well, they're pure-bloods. They've been vampires their entire lives."

"So what makes you a half-blood?"

"I was human once." Poe looked at me strangely. "But they made me like them because I had been gravely injured. I wouldn't have survived otherwise." I laughed "Apparently that makes me their toy now! So, how did you become a demon?"

"I died."

~~~Flashback~~~

I can't remember my real name, but I owned a pet raven. Its name was Grimm.

"---! ---!" My grip- "Hold on ---!" I'm slipping!

"--t--o-!" I fell into the ravine, landing in a river. Choking and gasping for air, I tumbled end over end. I flew into the air again, tumbling even deeper. "No!" I flew and then suddenly stopped. A sharp pain in my abdomen made blood fly from my mouth. I had a sharp piece of debris piercing my stomach through my back and then coming out the front. It had a wickedly sharp end, and I heard --t--o-

"No! ---!"

I made a choking noise, and coughed, sending blood down my face. I saw something circling the ravine.

"G-grimm..." the raven flew to me. His eyes were now glowing purple. He pearched on my chest and put his beak to my nose. I felt everything being peeled away from me, my memories, and I lost my name. Then the darkness swallowed me whole.