chap|one

5 Years Later

Don, Darnell, little Don, and Kaydence all laughed as Don tried to get in position on the Twister mat.

Like every Saturday, it was family day and they all decided to have some fun playing Twister. They had already filled up on pizza, soda, sundaes, and popcorn. Darnell allowed them to pig out on these greasy and sugary foods once a week.

Don and Darnell's marriage was going strong. Their marriage hadn't been all sunshine and rainbows. They've had their ups and downs, but have always been able to keep it together.

Don looked over at Darnell cutting his eye at her at how dramatically she was laughing. She was bent over trying to catch her breath and wiping her tears. To her it was hilarious that her kids got her and Don to play this childish game. They where no longer 'young spring chickens' anymore. Don was now a ripe age of 35 and she was 27.

After Kaydence called out where Don to place his hands and feet it was now Darnell's turn.

"Mommy your up!" Kay yelled out.

Princess Kaydence was now 7 years old and was still thriving. She's now attending Thurgood Elementary School and is one of the brightest kids in her class.

Her and Darnell's relationship had grown to where they are inseparable. She is and always will be mommy's little princess. Kaydence has grown into an independent little lady as Don likes to calls her. She helps Darnell cook, clean, and watch over her little brother to make sure he stays out of trouble.

Even with her relationship with Darnell being soo close, she's still was able to have Don wrapped around her little finger.

Darnell got herself together so she could take her position on the mat. Kaydence held the spinner wheel on the small cardboard square.

"You ready?" Darnell responded with a head nod as she stretched her back getting ready to bend her body. She jumped up and down swinging her arms and punching the air like a boxer getting ready for a fight earning giggles from Kaydence and little Don.

"Come on ma." Don huffed already bent over on the mat. "My back already hurting."

"Alright alright old man. Make sure you flick it hard princess."

Kaydence did as told as she waited for the spinner to stop. "Right hand on yellow, left foot in red."

Darnell looked down at the mat and made her way over to join Don as she was directed. She bent her body over leaving her face to face with her hubby.

Next was little Don's turn to take his place on the mat.

Little Don is now 5 years old and is the spitting image of Don with his same mannerisms. From the way he ate, walked, talked, and slept. Even though he's five, he had all the little girls in preschool following behind him wanting him to be his "friend", but he only eyes for is his mommy.

It was crazy how many little love letters he had in his book bag when he got home everyday. Darnell wondered who was raising these little girls. For these little girls to be five they sure were persistent.

Of course the only thing Don did was laugh about the whole situation and dapped little Don up when he told them about how many girls brought him candy that day. The only thing Don would say was "What can I say, he get his looks from his daddy." Cocky much.