Chapter 15 - Teaching the word: Friendship

Start from the beginning

Sure. I smiled teasingly at him. "Let's go."

And with that, picked up the dropped umbrella and continued on walking.

But right then and there, my foot trips over some rock, and I nearly collapse once again. Fortunately, that's when a hand grabs my free hand, prevent me from falling. I wheel around to see Remember, holding mine's tightly.

Now it was my turn to flush, as red as a tomato. "A-Ah..."

"Stop acting reckless." He says, eyes darkening.
"R-Reckless?" I gawked. "Says the one who doesn't even know what a 'truck' is-!"

"Don't." His attention is then returned to the commercial truck. "Let's go now."

"O-Ok." Though it takes me a moment to notice what he meant--we were holding hands.

Another strange sensation runs through me, flowing to all ends of my fingertips, my toes from my heart. Was this from excitement, or just embarrassment?

Drops of water continues to down pour. Now seeing the rain continue todrizzle on this clear day, it almost seems as though the sky itself was happy for us.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

As we climb into the back of the truck, I then pull out my sleeping bag. The trailer wasn't that big. It could probably fill up to 5 large fridges, max.

It's hollow and empty, only having a few boxes lying near the end. I rummaged through it a bit, to find a few towels and blankets to use to dry myself and Remember.

"Here," I handed him 2 white towels, before starting to clean my own self. I start with drying my hair.
Remember in the other hand, stares clueless at the fabric in his hands. Once he sees what I was doing, he too does the same.

I could only smile to myself in amusement. Remember sure was trying to learn.
Eventually, the downpour outside started to quiet down. Soon, nightfall came along with the faint dripping coming from somewhere outside.

The only light source we had was from a lamp, found in one of the cardboard boxes. I'd strike a match, carefully planting the flame within the lamp. Its faint yellow glow casted flickers of shadows on the metal walls.

It gave me shivers. I bit my lower lip nervously. Every so and then, I'd picture the shadows and dark places to form the figure of a zombie. Hordes of them, slowly advancing towards me, ready to strike at me, and kill me; just like how mom and dad must've witnessed, before dying.

Thinking about them makes it worse. How they were slaughtered alive, ripped open by those monstrous corpses.

My throat tightens. It was my fault, I let them die.

Something then bites the back of my neck. I flinched, and quickly carass my neck. "Ow." I bit my lip. It was definitely a mosquito bite. I also see another one buzz by to my left, and my quick response is to slap it. And I do. I do it serveral times, but still miss. Some more are drawn towards sthe lamp, only to either crash against the plastic shield repeatedly, or fall dead by the floor around it. 

Another one tries to bite my ear. "Grrr," I bite my lip in frustration, and try again and again. I manage to kill 2 but that was still only about half the population of mosquitos that were attacking me. 

Remember notices my actions. "What's wrong?"

"I-I hate mosquitos!" I wheezed, comnig to a short breath. "They keep trying to bit me, and drink my blood. It's annoying!"

"Blood..." Remember recalls.

"Hmm?" I look towards him, and noticed how he was mosquito-free. None of the blood-sucking flies were near him, let alone taken a whiff of his own scent. Lucky him.