new story sneak peek !!!

Hello to my amazing readers!!! Yes, I'm back once again returning to Teacher's Pet! I've begun writing a NEW NEW story and wanted to test the waters here. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! It's unpublished and I've been working on it a ton but I'm desperate for a little feedback <3

Lena walked into the bar restroom, eager to get away from the sorority girls she'd come with. The girls were probably waiting for her, getting wine drunk at 2pm. Meanwhile, Lena stood at the sink, cringing at her own outfit. She was wearing an awful Lily Pulitzer tank top that she'd borrowed from one of her sorority roommates. She also had on some khaki shorts from J. Crew that Lena was almost sure her grandmother owned.

After examining her outfit for far too long she walked out of the bathroom, pausing to turn and look at the group of boys on stage. They all looked young and bored but Lena actually liked their sound. Lena's ears for talent perked up, forcing her to move closer to the rickety stage. She studied the four boys, all of whom were playing their instruments with ease. Before she could do anything, one of her sorority sisters touched her shoulder.

"Lena...come on, we want to go. Katie's boyfriend is getting us a keg for tonight!"

Lena turned and shot the girl a fake smile. She didn't know how much longer she could continue with her fake sorority charade. She walked towards the group of girls and stood on a bar stool. She saw the bartender look at her and chuckle.

"Listen up ladies, my uncle is booking the private jet for St. Bart's soon but I'm still about $2500 short. If y'all could all just venmo me the rest of the money ASAP that would be great," Lena said, shooting another fake smile. Her conscious, which was nearly non existent at this point, told her to stop, but Lena ignored it.

She saw all the girls quickly get out their phones, sending her the money. Piper, a freshman who was only in the sorority because her mom made her spoke up.

"We've already given you a lot of money, are you sure your uncle is going to pull this through?"

Lena turned her fake smile into a fake frown, "so now y'all don't believe me? I promised an amazing spring break trip, didn't I? Piper, I'd hate for your mother to find out that you aren't completely supportive of Kappa Zeta Omega..."

Lena watched as Piper's face changed, "um, okay fine...let's all just ignore the fact that Lena is always asking us for money. I went through your room and saw the Neiman Marcus bags by the way, seems like someone has been doing a little shopping."

The other sorority girls gasped, quickly turning to face Lena. Luckily, Lena had done years of youth theatre and was not about to let this freshman rat her out.

Lena bit her tongue as hard as she could, just enough to make her eyes water. "Okay fine...you caught me, I've been asking you girls for extra money because I was going to get us all matching swim suits for St. Barts," she paused to sniffle loudly, "I was just trying to be nice...I just love all of you girls like my real sisters, you all know that." She let a single tear fall down her cheek

Another sorority girl quickly ran to Lena, engulfing her in a hug. "We love you too Lena, we're so sorry," the girl turned to Piper, "you're out of the house. Pack your bags and be out by tomorrow. And don't worry, we'll make sure to clue your mom into all of this!"

Piper turned to Lena before looking at the rest of the group, "what?! If anyone is a fake sorority girl here, it's Lena. She always conveniently avoids going to the events! All she does is come to the parties and eat everyone's food! You should be kicking her out, not me!"

The girls all turned to Piper, "Lena is a star sister, how dare you speak like that to her. Just for that, we're going to have to tell your mom about that little frat boy pregnancy scare you had last month, I'm sure she'll really love hearing that story."

With that Piper ran out of the bar crying. The girls turned to look back at Lena.

Lena wiped her fake tears and smiled, "i'm so glad I have y'all. I'm going to go call my uncle and make sure our private condos are all booked, I'll meet back up with y'all later." The girls said bye in unison before waving to Lena.

As soon as they walked out Lena threw a black Motley Crue t-shirt over her preppy tank top. She couldn't bare to look like a wannabe Southern Belle for any longer. She walked back towards the stage, waving at the band members. They all looked at each other before smiling and waving back.

The lead singer finished the last lyrics of the song before setting his guitar down and walking towards Lena. The other members followed behind him.

Lena thrust out her hand, "Lena Byers, nice to meet you."

The guitar player shook her hand, "uh, hey. I'm Dylan, do we know you?"

Lena quickly shook the other band members name, committing all of their names to memory. Dylan-guitar, Elliot-keyboard, Ryan-drums, and Christian-bass.

"No you don't, but you should. I like your sound, I like it a lot. In fact, I'd like to propose a little business offer."

Elliot stepped forward, his shaggy hair slightly covering his eyes. "Are you serious? What's a sorority girl like you know about business...or music?"

Lena laughed, "okay, let's get one thing straight, boys. I'm not a sorority girl, I scammed my way into that rich sorority. I'm literally not even in college. I'm getting free room and board in a mansion with a pool and all the shitty keg beer I want," she stopped to catch her breath, "I'm also scamming all those obnoxious girls so they are quite literally paying me for no reason. I'm ALSO tutoring some stupid rich football players and charging them $300 an hour for me to teach them information that I find on Youtube for free...so you could say, I'm quite the scammer."

The boys remained quite for a few seconds before Dylan spoke up again, "so you're stealing from those girls is what you're saying?"

"Technically, yes," she rolled her eyes, "but they're all wealthy and slightly evil, so i'm really kind of humbling them. Not to mention, I've helped them create a flawless business model for the sorority. I'm a giver, really."

Elliot piped in again, "you know we could go and tell them right now...just turn you in for being a crazy thief."

Lena smiled at Elliot, staring directly into his shiny green eyes, "but you won't because I'm going to make you boys rich."

The boys all began laughing before Christian chimed in, "look, we just play for beer money. We aren't trying to get rich or whatever."

"Playing for beer money...that's really sad, actually. Look, I know a good idea when I see one and I think you all are talented and cute, which is all you need in this world. If you listen to me and let me manage you, I promise we'll all come out on top. So, are you in?"

Elliot interjected again, "you seem really...persistent, and I have no doubt that you're good at scamming your way into things but we're going to pass. Thanks for the offer or whatever."

Lena watched as the walked back to the stage, grabbing their instruments before leaving through the back entrance of the bar. She bit her thumb nail, trying to figure out what to do. She was right, she knew a good idea when she saw one. Her love for business, or namely her love for money, had all begun in second grade when she'd helped a group of girls win the talent show. She'd charged them $20 and helped them pick their outfits and songs. She'd even gone so far as to stay up all night designing props and stage decorations. Back in high school, Lena had befriended a new girl in her school and effectively coached her and helped her start a Youtube channel. Now, the girl had 3 million subscribers and a brand deal with Ulta. If there was one thing Lena had, it was passion and when she saw a good idea she had no choice but to go after i it with all her heart.

She whipped out her phone from her back pocket, opening up the Notes app. She typed furiously, making sure to write down all of her ideas. She didn't care what these boys had said, she was going to manage them and help them succeed, all she had to do was convince the reluctant keyboard player.