Chapter 11

The Monday after the amazing date with Logan, Blair received a text from Jack. It was a link to some type of news article and she suspected it was either something depressing about global warming or something that involved panda bears. Blair stuck a fork into her salad, sticking a tomato covered in Italian dressing into her mouth. 

When she opened the article her eyes grew much like the Grinch's heart. It was a story about a graduate student in Wyoming who'd dated and gotten pregnant with one of her college professors. The school had been so embarrassed they'd kicked the girl out of her graduate program, the professor essentially was fired, and was still struggling to find another job. The two had gone from secret power couple to awkward couple living in their parent's basement.

Blair threw her fork down on the table, no longer hungry. She liked Logan and she figured with time she could probably grow to love him but she didn't want either of their futures to be tarnished in any way. Once again, she was confused as to what to do. She could always continue to date Logan in secret, the semester was almost half way over anyways so the chances of someone actually finding out were slim...hopefully. 

Just as Blair was lost in thought, a girl walked up to her and sat down at the table.

"Hey, you're in creative writing with Silver right," the girl asked, taking out a sticky note from her backpack.

Oh my god, they're onto us! 

"...um, yeah. Why?"

The girl smiled and handed her the sticky note,"I had to go back home for a funeral and missed all last week, could I get your number so you can tell me what I missed?"

"Oh! Yes, for sure!" 

Blair let out a sigh of relief, scribbling her number down on the small sheet of yellow paper.

"Thanks! Isn't Professor Silver like cute in a weird campy hipster way? Me and my friend in that class are obsessed with him!"

Blair smiled,"Yeah, he's pretty hot...I heard he can cook too."

***

On Friday Blair planned to go to a party with Macy and Jack. Logan was going back home to visit his family and Blair was pleased with herself that she was okay with the separation. She was also glad that she finally had time to hang out with her friends. As the semester continued, Blair found herself increasingly busy with her classes and she wanted one night of something other than rereading over her notes. 

As Blair was buttoning her top, she got a text from Logan.

Logan: I miss you

Logan: In a total not clingy or awkward way

Blair: Hahaha I miss you too!!

Logan: Art show next Wednesday? 

Blair: Can't, test on Thursday :(

Blair stared at her phone screen as the words read at 9:00 popped up. Logan began typing and stopped. Blair waited for a reply but didn't get one. Was Logan annoyed with her for saying she was busy? Surely he wasn't, he out of anyone knew how much work students go through. Deciding not to be her typical jump to conclusion shelf, Blair brushed it off, telling herself it was nothing. 

People read texts and don't reply all the time...right....right?!!

Blair finished getting ready and waited on her couch, making flash cards for her test. If she had a dollar for every index card she'd used while in college, she would have enough to pay her apartment rent.

A knock on the door brought her out of her study zone and she removed her headphones, tossing them on the couch.

"Blair!!! I haven't seen you in so long, chica," Macy said, engulfing her friend in a huge bear hug.

"Macy, we literally ate ramen and watched High School Musical together like four days ago."

"Well four days is too long."

Jack jumped in, his hand gravitating to Macy's like a magnet,"It's true, she won't stop talking about how cute you and Mr. Bronze Medal are."

Blair rolled her eyes at the awful pun,"I don't know, you and Macy might be in first place for cutest couple on campus."

Macy jumped in, shouting,"I know!!" before grabbing Jack's face and giving him a peck on the cheek. He had bright red lipstick on his cheek which Macy proceeded to wipe using the old spit/finger method that moms do.

"You ready to hang out with some people your own age," Macy said as the three walked downstairs. The party was at some exclusive sorority that was filled with Stepford wives in training but it was in walking distance and they always gave out amazing gift bags so the friends knew they had to be there.

"I'm just ready to not think about school for like two seconds. I swear to god I'm going to have white hair by the time finals week rolls around."

The three friends got to the party and immediately had to shove their way through a group of people who'd chosen to congregate at the entrance of the house. 

It was hot and smelled like stale beer, much like any other house party. Trying to find a clean cup was a challenge and eventually the three all deciding on sharing a single red cup that appeared to be unused. Three shots in and Macy and Jack were grinding in the kitchen that had somehow turned into a dance floor with the help of a wireless speaker.

Blair was in charge of holding the communal cup and stood in the corner, watching her friends have fun. Macy and Jack were both already drunk after taking the three shots consecutively and had gone from dancing to full on making out in front of everyone. Normally, Blair would be grossed out to see two people thrash their tongues together but there was something sweet about the way Macy and Jack kissed. They looked at each other like they were in the privacy of their apartment, like the room was devoid of sweaty college kids.

Blair poured herself another shot of cheap vodka. For being such a rich sorority, the bitchy sorority sisters sure didn't care to invest in better booze.

Blair quickly drank the shot, trying her best not to taste the liquid. It burned her throat and when it settled in her stomach, she felt like vomiting. Trying to fix her imbalance brought on by the alcohol, she turned back to her friends who were now holding hands and dancing to the throwback song that someone had decided to play.

Blair felt upset. Upset that her stomach hurt like hell, upset that some drunk guy had completely stepped on her once white shoes, and upset that she and Logan would never get to dance like two idiots in love at a party.

Author's Note: SAD BLAIR :,( real talk though Blair's situation would be so different if she was dating some joe schmo college student...is Logan worth all the secrecy? LEMME KNO UR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMENTS

Also, 2.2k reads!!!! I love you guys 💙