Chapter 4: Series Of Unfortunate Events 3

Dedicated to jorjleo 1

Author's note :

My adorable kittens...... I missed y'all. Have I mentioned that you guys are awesome? I don't even know what to say.. (wipes tears from eyes). But really, thanks you guys. Special thanks to fikser for the amazing cover.
On that note, let's continue reading shall we?....

Lots of love 😻😻

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Some people are worth melting for
-Olaf (FROZEN).

******

Sometimes life can be a real pain in the ass. I don't know why but I'm positive that, when things seem to be working out just a bit fine for you, Life goes and holds a little meeting with Pain, sadness, suffering, despair, emptiness, fear, death and the rest of his cohorts,just to find out ways to make your life terrible. When they do, they sit together, grab bottles of wine,pummel you with series of mysterious misfortunes and then laugh heartily as they watch you suffer.

As I stood at the bottom of the stairs, everything around me seemed to fade into darkness. My head started spinning as I heard Eva's voice echoing through my mind over and over again...

Rookie is dead.

I shook my head in an attempt to block it out. It had to be a nightmare. I'm asleep and I'm going to wake up and to find Rookie in his room playing video games.

It can't be true.

My only brother.....

"Seli, I'm so sorry "

"But he was fine this morning " I said to no-one in particular. "I mean I even gave him my breakfast "

"Oh Seli.. "

"You're lying!! " I suddenly burst out.

"Selinam please.. "her voice small and choked with emotion.

I ran upstairs, pushed her aside and headed for Rookie's room. I reached for the door knob, my heart knocking heavily in my chest.

"Selinam, please don't go in there " I heard Eva's voice say behind me.

I ignored her, opened the door and entered,only to be greeted by a pungent smell. I swear I nearly choked to death. My eyes roamed around the room trying to locate what could have caused that disturbing odour.They finally landed on Rookie 's bed.

My eyes popped out of my head.

On my brother's bed lay, an inflated human with a face so swollen that the skin had stretched to it's limit and his face shiny. His eyes were open and blood shot with his blood vessels criss-crossing on his bulging eyeballs. Around his mouth was a certain greenish-black liquid that had surrounded his lips and spilled onto his white polo shirt. Some white froth,mixed with blood had also caked round his lips and chin. His stomach had swollen to the size of four basketballs combined. His once beautiful fair skin was covered in patches of green and black spots,with his veins bulging underneath. His neck had been twisted an abnormal angle whilst his hands were spread out on the bed.

I blinked.

That couldn't be my brother. It simply couldn't.

I tore my eyes away from the gruesome sight and found my father and the family doctor in a deep conversation.

My father.... He looked broke, lost,his face covered up with worry lines as he tried to listen to what the doctor was saying.

I semi-walked and semi-dragged myself over to them. My dad heard me approach and turned to face me. Once I got to him I just stared into his face and he did the same. After a few seconds my dad spoke.