Chapter 14. Complicated

Start from the beginning

"Yeah it's pretty cool," Jade Turtle agreed as he looked down. "And bro, look at the contrast." 

Okay, unless this kid has that super fashion-obsessed friend that cares about the contrast of colors all the time, or he is that kid, this is weird. I could even feel weird fluttering in my stomach. 

I looked at him, for the first time, we were actually talking instead of arguing with each other. It felt nice. 

He looked at me and our eyes locked for some moments. 

"Hey," he said, leaning closer. My heart raced faster. "You got an eye lash here." He reached out and brushed my face, sending more ripples of exhilaration. Then he pulled back with a satisfied smile. 

"O-Oh thanks," I stuttered, touching my face where he had touched. 

"Hey, can I ask you for some advice?" Jade Turtle asked. "I know a friend that has a similar personality as you. So . . . what makes girls like you happy?" 

"Marvel movies!" I immediately shot back. "They're the best! Oh and food! Or anything edible in that matter." Then I looked at the are-you-kidding-me face on him and added, "Girls usually like when guys do stuff and doesn't care about their ego." 

"How does any guy kick their ego to the curb that easily?" 

"If it was easy, there wouldn't be any single girls," I said, waving my arms around in a duh voice. "Some boys can have that ego the size of a moon." 

Jade Turtle raised an eye brow, rolling his eyes. "Yep and my name's Christopher Columbus." 

"Oh look there you are!" 

I looked down to see Chat noir waving his hands around like wild fanatic. He swiveled his baton around and swiftly jumped up to where we were with a smirk. "Oh did I just ruin your first date?" he joked. 

My face blushed and I was so glad that I had a mask on me. 

"Where's Ladybug?" I asked immediately. 

"I'm not her personal stalker, okay? But she's probably in her civilian form, doing something stupid like . . . sewing," Chat noir said, shrugged. Then he fist-bumped Jade Turtle with a grin. "How you doing?" 

"Good, thanks man," he smiled. His smile was dazzling. 

"Hey, have you guys watched the new Marvel movie?" Chat noir asked. 

"Yes," both me and Jade Turtle answered at the same time. He looked at me with a smile. "It was amazing," I added eagerly. 

"Eh, was it?" Chat noir grinned. "I wanted to take my lady sometime."