Chapter 6: Shadowing, More Like Stalking

"Thanks for showing me around Liam and for volunteering to show me around," I thanked and Liam chuckled.

"No problem Dylan, you are a cool person to hang out with," Liam said while looking at the ground shyly. I smiled to myself at his shyness; he looked very cute.

"Well, I guess I will see you tomorrow?" I asked and Liam nodded.

"You can continue being my stalker tomorrow," Liam joked and I rolled my eyes.

"Goodnight Liam," I said and Liam nodded with a smile. I closed my door and waited for Liam to walk away. My plan for tonight was to infiltrate their archive room. I recalled that Liam said that all their plans, shipment history, and other important documents are stored there. As I changed into black clothing, I debated whether I should take Jase or not. He would definitely help with out, but I needed someone on the outside who could bust me out if I got caught. Liam had told me that they didn't have any security cameras in the bunk areas, so I don't need to worry about that.

"Guess I am going alone," I whispered while opened the door checking to make sure that the coast was clear. I crept down the hallway and made my way to the archive room. While Liam was informing me of the archive room earlier, I studied the keypad and saw that the model was pretty old. I remember him saying that they aren't afraid of someone getting past the security because everyone in the crew is trustworthy. I almost laughed at that statement because they just recruited two undercover assassins. I careful detached the front cover of the keypad and saw all the wires and circuits connecting the buttons. I have some work cut out for me. Basically, I used all my knowledge and training I learned from the Organization and played around with some of the wires. Soon, I saw four of the buttons glow and figured that those were the buttons that made up the passcode. The numbers were 1, 7, 8, 9. Those numbers can make so many combinations, so I tossed out the idea of just doing all the combos I could think of. So I thought, could the passcode mean something? That's when something Liam said flashed through my mind. 'The crew was found in 1978.' My mind clicked and I immediately entered in 1-9-7-8 into the keypad and the door swung open. I quickly walked into the room and closed the door behind me. Right when the door shut, I immediately searched through the documents on the shelf.

"For a crew of bikers, they are scary organized," I whispered and looked at all the labels. 'Crew members, crew member profiles, past shipments, future shipments, badges, racing strategies, finances, and tactics.' Bingo, tactics. I immediately took out the file and took a picture of the documents with my phone. My eyes quickly skimmed the pages until something caught my eye.

'Current/Potential Dangerous Enemies: Sniper Gang and Unknown Group.

Tactic: Watching closely and making sure that these two groups will not make any moves.'

I scanned through many more documents and took pictures of them. None say that they are planning a huge weapon or strategy to take their enemies. What I did find was that they have many allies and have mostly stayed within the law. I knew that I couldn't figure this out myself, so I put everything back in their place and got ready to leave, when I heard footsteps.

"Let's check in the archive room, maybe some past tactics can help us with business," a voice said and I immediately recognized it as Will's. Instinctively, I scanned the room and jumped onto the shelf and climbed to the top. I grabbed onto a metal pipe that lined the ceiling and climbed onto it. The doors swung open and I made sure that I wouldn't drop anything or make any sounds.

"Business is going down at the racing circle Father, we have to do something before we are shut down," Will explained and the Chief nodded slowly.

"We need to do something that is eye-catching and will encourage more people to come to the circle," Chief said and Will agreed.

"We need to get sale up or else we might not have enough money to defend ourselves from the Sniper Gang and that other group," Will grimaced, "Our top priority is probably identifying that other group and learning more about them. If we don't know anything about these people, we are going into a battle blind."

"All I know is that the Sniper Gang and the group are allies," Chief said and Will groaned.

"That's great," Will grunted sarcastically. As I was hanging onto the pipe, I was recording their conversation. The Chief and Will seemed genuinely worried about who they were up against. Who is the other group?

"Okay, let's meet with Liam. He might have some ideas," Chief said and Will nodded. They punched another passcode into the keypad and left the room. After waiting a couple minutes, I jumped from the pipe and landed on the ground. I knew that the passcode to exit the room wasn't the same as the passcode to enter because the Chief didn't punch in the number 1 first.

"Time to call Jase and hear a lecture from him," I said while sighing and dialed his number.

"What's up Jennings?" Jase asked and I rolled my eyes.

"I am in the archive room and I need some assistance on how to get out," I explained and I could hear Jase sigh.

"Isn't the passcode the same?" Jase asked and I scoffed.

"I wish, but no. I didn't see the Chief punch in the same passcode," I said and Jase clicked his tongue.

"Just open up the keypad and look for some clues," Jase said and I obeyed him. The inside was similar to the outside, but I saw some random letters right below the numbers.

"Can you decode this for me?" I asked Jase.

"Of course I can Dylan, do you know who I am?" he asked and I rolled my eyes, "I can hear you rolling your eyes."
"Just shut up and start decoding," I said and started to recite the random letters I found inside the mechanism. After a while of hearing Jase murmuring incoherent words, he finally clicked his tongue, which meant that he got it.

"So idiot, what does it say?" I asked getting tired of waiting. Jase scoffed and I rolled my eyes.

"Do you want me to give you the message or not?" he asked and I cleared my throat, "Fine, it says 'Retrace your steps.' I don't know how that applies to the passcode though."

"Retrace your steps," I whispered and something in my brain clicked, "Maybe the passcode to get out is the code to get in backwards!"

"That could work Dylan, if it does, you are a genius," Jase admitted and I chuckled. I entered in 8-7-9-1 and the light flashed green. I breathed a sigh of relief and Jase chuckled lightly.

"Thanks J, I will be at your room soon so we can go over the documents," I said and hung up the phone. As I snuck out of the room, I scanned the hallway like a hawk to make sure no one else was here.

******************************************************

GIF of Phoebe Tonkin (Dylan)

BTW, I am starting a new story on Episode called "Rising Above" so I hope you guys check it out once I publish it!

Hey guys! Here is another chapter of Beauty in Disguise. I am doing a Q/A for Endless Fighting so be sure so comment down a question that you want me to answer. You can comment on this chapter if you want, please just mention that it is for the Q/A. I appreciate everyone who has contributed a question for the Q/A. Remember to...

Vote

Comment: Who are the mysterious group of people?

Share

Follow

Instagram: cpearl89.writer

Episode: CPearl

Have a great day/night!

-C