Chapter 4: You Don't Know Who I Really Am

"Now we will move onto the physical test," Liam said and gestured to the mat on the floor.

"We will be testing you on hand to hand combat," the Chief said crossing his arms. Will still had an emotionless and stern facial expression on him. Does he even smile?

"We will be starting with Jase and Timothy, then we will go to Jase and Dylan, then Dylan and Timothy," Will said while crossing his arms. Jase won when fighting Timothy and when we fought each other, we tied.

"Alright, are you guys ready?" Liam asked.

"Yes," both Timothy and I said.

"Fight!" Liam shouted. Right when the word rolled off of Liam tongue, Timothy immediately swung at me. I dodged his swing and delivered a right uppercut to his jaw. We continued swinging punches at each other. From the previous fights, I could tell that Timothy didn't have lots of technique when it came to his punches. I have always believed it when people said that brains beats brawns. I wouldn't say that I am super strong, but since I was trained well, I could take down a grown man. To end the match, I delivered a roundhouse kick to his side, which caused him to fall onto the mat.

"And Dylan is the victor," Liam said while gesturing his arms to say that the match is over.

"Alright everyone, take forty-five minutes to grab something to eat. After lunch, we will conduct the loyalty test and then give you the results," the Chief said before him, Will, and Kara walked out. Timothy soon left after.

"I am going to get some food, want to come?" Jase asked.

"Yeah, you go ahead. Can you grab something for me and I will meet you there?" I asked Jase and he nodded.

"You did great today," Liam said while picking up the mats. I did the same and helped him pick up another mat.

"Thanks Liam," I said and dusted off my hands.

"I have a feeling that you will get officially recruited," Liam said, "I have no doubts on you."
"I still have to pass the loyalty test," I said sighing. Liam chuckled.

"Just be yourself during that test and don't worry too much about it," Liam said, "I would give you some tips, but even I don't know how your test is going to be like."

"It really changes for every person?" I asked and Liam nodded.

"Yep, usually the Chief and Will create the test. Not even Kara knows," Liam said and I nodded, "What I can tell you is that there is not right or wrong answer. It is all an interpretation. We look at the situation and your answer and analyze it."

"Thanks Liam. I hope that I am not getting you in trouble by having you tell me these things," I said and Liam smiled.
"Don't worry, telling you these things are worth it," he said and I almost blushed. Almost.

***

"I got to be honest, but some of these bikers are mad chefs," I said while shoving food into my mouth. Jase chuckled and popped a French fry in his mouth.

"I love how you don't care what people think about you when you eat because sometimes, it is unappetizing," Jase said and I frowned.

"Well, don't look then and your face is unappetizing," I said and I knew right away that it was a total lie. There is no way that Jase's face is unappetizing. It is impossible for that to happen. Thinking about this brought back memories to when we first started training and going on missions. Sometimes we would come back from one and be badly beat up. Jase would mostly get black eyes and bruises all over his face, but even those couldn't ruin him.