Chapter 9: Not Everyone Is Open-Minded

"Spill all the juicy deets girl!" Kathleen exclaimed as I entered her room. Jase and Eric decided to catch up by themselves, so we chose to do a girl's night.

"What do you want to know?" I asked and added, "-that is not exactly classified."

"Tell me about the Chief's son," Kathleen said while grabbing some pillows to rest her arms on.

"Well, Will can sometimes be cold. He is probably colder than his father," I started and Kathleen nodded slowly, "He is cute though, but I am still kind of suspicious of him."

"Is it about the weapons and plans thing?" she asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know. I honestly haven't found anything that shows that they are planning something. Maybe they are hiding it and I haven't found it. I don't know," I said putting it in a vague way.

"Don't worry girl, you will get there. Honestly Dylan, trust your gut. If you truly believe that they are good people, go with it. If you don't believe that they are good people, go with that," Kathleen explained and I smiled at her.

"Thanks Kathy, you always know what to say," I said, "Alright, enough of all the sad and serious stuff. Let's talk about something fun. Something that will take my mind off of my mission for the night."

"Like what?" Kathleen asked, "You know that I don't have a lot of good ideas sometimes."

"Fine, tell me about work. You seem to always have good stories from there," I said with a smile and Kathleen chuckled.

"Well today, I actually helped a woman deliver her baby and like others, it was beautiful. Her husband broke into tears of joy and it was such a sweet moment between the parents. This is the woman's first child and they are such a beautiful couple. I actually talked to the woman and kept her company while she was in the hospital," Kathleen said and I smiled to myself.

"That is why you are meant to be a nurse Kathleen. You have such a calm and warm demeanor, unlike me," I said and Kathleen chuckled.

"Who cares though? No matter what, you are my little sister. You are you just the way you are," Kathleen chirped and I laughed.

"What you are saying is so cliché," I commented and Kathleen shrugged.

"It may be cliché, but it's true," she said, "Speaking about sisters. Has your real older sister contacted you?"

"Not in a couple of months. I am pretty sure that I would have told you if she did," I said and Kathleen shrugged.

"Just asking. You know that I like to check up on you," Kathleen said, "But anyways, we should go out shopping together soon."

"I would love to, but I am going to have to see because the mission has been taking up a lot of my time lately. Even though I haven't gotten anything!" I exclaimed in frustration and Kathleen patted my back.

"Alright chill, you will get your answer, but remember, no talking about serious things," Kathleen reminded me and I sighed.

"It's just been on my mind these past couple of days," I said and Kathleen nodded with an understanding expression.

"I know. That is why you need this. How about we watch a chick flick for the time being?" Kathleen suggested and I laughed.

"Or an action movie," I said and Kathleen shook her head.

"A chick flick. Watching an action movie sometimes is watching your own life," she said and I rolled my eyes. 

***

"I am going to miss you!" Kathleen exclaimed, as Jase and I were getting ready to go back to the crew.

"We will miss you guys," I said and Eric winked at me, "We will see you guys soon."