Verse 1

###

                                                      Twenty-seven times I paint the city in lights,

                                                                        Now I changed my mind;

                          I was living fast now I'm running on empty,

                                                                            And I feel yeah I feel,

                                                                     You're gonna go, let me go.

                                                                                              ###

Camila Cabello sipped quietly at her coffee. Around her, the city was alive as usual, car horns blaring and taxis speeding by with no regard to speed limits. Behind the cover of her sunglasses, she turned her gaze to passers-by, hoping to remain anonymous at least for a quiet cup of coffee. It was really the first day in weeks she'd had off. Production for this season's run of Rent had started off smoothly. After all the years it had been on Broadway, the increasing demand seemed to surprise those involved. Yet, this year it had been recieved better than any of the following. Reviews gloated that the season's cast was comprised of the most talented since the original production. When Camila had been in high school, this is all she dreamt of. Being a Broadway star was her only dream, and now that it had come true, it seemed as if it had lost a little bit of its spark. Not all, mind you. She still felt an unbelievable rush on the stage. It was all the little details outside of work that felt tedious and unworthy of what she'd built her dreams up to be back when she didn't know what it really meant to be a 'star.' Looking back, Camila thought perhaps it would have been more beneficial for her to be a little more social. The one thing the now-famous Camila Cabello didn't have was friends. The only friend from Miami that remained was Shawn, and that's because he had also made it to Broadway over the years. He started in off-Broadway productions and this year had been cast in Rent as Mark, her own characters ex-boyfriend; that thought had made them both laugh over a glass of wine after realizing how ironic the casting was, how it seemed that it was somehow perfect for the two of them to end up on the same stage.

Camila smiled a little at the thought, stirring her coffee idly, but the smile faded as soon as she felt her phone vibrate against the mug, making an annoying sound against the surface. A text message from her manager simply stated, "Call me - Mahone" and Camila thought how odd that it didn't bother her that his message was so completely impersonal. She flipped her phone open, peering through her glasses at passers-by, boredly drumming her nails on top of the table.

"Hello," came the answering voice on the other end. Short, cool, calm.

"Hey," Camila sighed into the reciever, "what is it?"

"Dinner tonight, 8. Gino's."

"Cast dinner or date?"

"Cast dinner."

Before Camila could say their usual 'I love you' which was all together an unfeeling exchange, the other end beeped at her to signal the call had ended. They'd begun dating again right out of high school, having attended the same drama courses in college and finding their mutual passion again in both music and one another. Camila had accepted the relationship easily - she loved Austin's drive and passion for Broadway. Eventually, after graduating college, they'd gotten an apartment together - but Austin had since moved out and gotten his own apartment. Once a week, Camila would spend the night at his apartment. It all became a routine, and the relationship quickly fizzled. For both appearance and career purposes, though, they'd kept up the relationship. It seemed so easy to be in such a passionless relationship. Austin was slightly more invested than Camila was, of course, he was always more insistent than even the great Camila Cabello. Some days it bothered Camila more than others. It wasn't easy when love had been such an ideal for her in high school. Now, as an adult, she had begun to think maybe she was only capable of loving music and not a person. In some ways, she did love Austin.