Ava and the Tree

Comincia dall'inizio

At this confession, Avalon looked to Justin with a mixture of shock and anger. It was clearly unbeknownst to her that Justin had known about this, before Aaron. I looked towards Danny to see if he had any clue about this matter at all, but he was just about clueless as well.. as he usually was.

Aaron sighed at Justin's words, a sad smile on his face before nudging Justin's arm with a hand.
"Hey, I know. I understand it was probably hard for you to tell me, but it's over now and I-"

Justin interrupted Aaron before he could finish off his sentence, shaking his head as he did so.
"That's not all, Aaron. There's more." He said with a sigh, the frustration evident in his dull grey eyes at which Aaron's eyebrows furrowed in confusion yet again.

Justin spared a glance towards Avalon's direction before turning back to Aaron, his voice resonating with anger as he spoke.
"It wasn't the first time, Aaron. I'd seen them before that incident. It was.... they were having a relationship behind your back." Justin finally breathed out, looking anywhere but at Aaron.

I gasped inaudibly at the revelation that had just left his lips. To say I was in shock was an understatement. I turned to Aaron to see his expression mirroring my emotions. He looked towards Justin; his tone was sad as he spoke.
"How?" Was all that left Aaron's lips. He had muttered it quietly as though he was saying it to himself, but it was heard by all of us.

In particular, Justin, who nodded his head in response.
"I remember, it had all happened on a Wednesday....."

                             *********

21 months ago

"Well, I really think she digs me, you know?" Danny's voice boomed in Justin's ear, causing him to internally wince.

Had the boy never heard the term indoor voice?

Justin placed his physics book, in the locker before slamming it shut and turning to Danny, a blank look on his face.
"You know, Serena is Coach Thomas' daughter. You'd get kicked off the team, if you get caught." He reprimanded tiredly, a parental-like tone to his deep voice.

Danny waved his hand exaggeratedly, an obnoxious scoff escaping his mouth. He popped his non-existant collar as he spoke.
"Me? Get caught? Like that'll ever happen." He said smugly, winking at a passing girl.

Justin rolled his eyes, choosing to ignore his friends antics. Ignoring was the best policy when it came to both Danny and Aaron alike. Speaking of which...

Justin looked around, his eyebrows furrowed.
"Where's Aaron? I haven't seen him around." He questioned, pulling out his phone. The boys both walked in unison down the hallway.