🔥✴ The Confession ✴🔥 🔺🔻Part 3

A/N This chapter is dedicated to chasingfirefliesx for her awesome graphics (shown below)!

***

***

Third Person P.O.V.

Bugs buzz around Leo's ear, and he swats them away. Nico holds his lover's hand, and looks down at where he's walking.

They stay in silence for a little while, walking to nowhere in particular, until Nico speaks up.

He squeezes Leo's hand, "So what's been going on, Leo?"

Leo sucked in a deep breath. It's time.

"I-I have a confession to make." he droops his head down, avoiding eye contact at all costs, knowing Nico's full attention is on him. "D-do you remember when you picked me up from the hospital?"

"Yeah."

Quick switch to Leo's P.O.V.~~

"W-well, before I was let go, the d-doct-tor and I had a talk. He, he explained everything." My voice volume was steadily descending, without realization.

When I spoke again, it was louder, "I-I'm never going to be the same." I swallow in self-pity, and fear for my relationship. Yeah, it's selfish, but it's the human instinct. Besides... We're all a little bitter. Who knows, maybe my rises were dyed with blood.

I twiddled with the roses between my fingers, feeling like I was about to drop of a cliff. Maybe the roses will fall gently, float, and land back in my hands, my twisted, dead hands.

Maybe the roses will be my cushion, and save me.

Maybe their bittersweet taste is just love. Love, that I have and he, my Nico.

I distanced myself from my thoughts when Nico stopped in his tracks, yanking me by my hand. I look back at him, and he looked worried, afraid. Nico's afraid.

He lunged forward, his arms curled up to his chest as I held him, "Leo, I'm scared. Just tell me what's wrong. Please, this is killing me. Just tell me."

I wanted to cry, but I didn't. I held him, I was making him suffer. I can't watch him suffer any longer, no matter how selfish I am.

"I have an irregular heartbeat. A severe one. That's was really caused by the car crash, but was sort of triggered, where the blood clogged....or, er, something clogged, I didn't really get it. But it means more medicine, a-and maybe surgery, and I'm not going to be the same, and I'll have to stop moving around for too long in a day and I-I...I..." I cried into his temple, letting him hear my tears.

I hugged him tighter. I'm different now. A change that was just too inevitable. And it shouldn't be a big deal, but to someone like me, with ADHD...it is. Especially when you're dating someone who's afraid to love you... and y-you're afraid to...

"Shhhh. It's okay, Sunshine. It's okay." We moved our position slightly until he was holding me.

"I love you so much, Nico."

"I love you too, my brave knight."

And we standed there for what seemed like ever, but I wouldn't have had it any differently.

A/N I know it's not too sad, but I know what irregular heartbeats could do. Also, next chapter... love dies. I'm sorry. But HEYYYY that's why there's a book two! Lol thank you!