◽⚫➡ Nico ⬅⚫◽

I turn to look at Fa- Hades.

"I'm just going to the store, to print some of my pictures." I explain.

He nods. I look at his business suit, and his clipped beard and straggly hair.

"That sounds like fun that you'll be missing out on." he says in his naturally deep, sounding sleep-deprived, voice.

He walks over to me, and I watch him with wide eyes, so stiff I could be shaking from the tenseness. He walks until he stands only inches away from me.

"You will be staying to help your mother clean, and then you will be sent to the store to buy myself what I want. Got that, punk?" he says quietly.

I shift uneasily as I glare at him. "Lazy old man." I spit. I try to push my way past him, but he pushes his hand against my chest and smacks me back into the wall behind me.

My spine rattled and I hit the back of my head, but it wasn't much pain. And I was used to it.

Hades leans his face towards mine until we're a centimeter apart, "Next time you DISRESPECT your father, you little punk, I'll have you buried so deep down into the ground the grave diggers won't be able to dig you back up."

I stare into his eyes with the harshest glare I can muster, though of course the idiotic jerk doesn't back down.

"Thanks for the heads up." I respond, and push my way past to my room, letting him completely forget why he stopped me from leaving in the first place.

Once in my room, I sigh and sit upright on my bed. What a jerk. I pull out my phone, and scroll through my photos again. There's one specific one I love, so much I set it as my wallpaper. It's a selfie, of me and Leo. He made a silly face, sticking his tongue out and holding up a thumbs-up, but I'm smiling in it, my head resting on his shoulder. The picture makes me smile...maybe I can have a good life.

I frown, no. I cannot do this again. I cannot love and then lose. I cannot fool my mind into thinking this gets better, because it doesn't, and it never will. I am just one of those people no one will ever remember, who will go and celebrations will be held, who will try and try again and again to love, but will fail, always. I am just another ghost, meant to wander forever in a world I cannot affect, not for its benefit or anybody else's. I cannot be selfish and steal love from someone and let it cost them their life.

I'm afraid to kill somebody again.

A/N Well, Nico considers himself a murderer. Dandy.