Omniscient 11 ◇

Start from the beginning

"Hey, you have got to stop ignoring my texts," Juhaun said.

"I don't want to talk about strippers and the ideal body, talk to Nick about that," Sam said then rolled her eyes.

"Nick is young," Juhaun said.

"And you are old?" Sam raised an eyebrow.

"I'm considered an adult."

"A young adult."

"An adult none the less."

Sam laughed. They continued their conversation with smiles and laughter as if nothing had happened. It was always this way. Many people did not know how close Sam and Juhaun had gotten.

"Hey you should go home," Juhaun said.

"I can stay until morning. Keep your company," Sam said.

Juhaun smiled.

"You're too good for your own good, Sam. Just go home, shower and rest, get out of these bloody clothes. Sorry for ruining your dress by the way."

Sam chuckled and shook her head.

"Okay, I will. It's okay, I probably wasn't gonna wear it again anyway," Sam said, "Sleep well, I'll see you when the sun rises J."

She leaned over and gave him a careful hug then left. She called Gabriel to pick her up from the hospital and he had a lot of questions for her. When she approached the waiting area, she saw Jeremiah sitting, with his phone out.

"Never knew you were the one to have games on your phone Jeremiah," Sam teased.

Jeremiah looked up and chuckled. He stood up, towering over Sam'Riyah. She just now took notice of how tall he was, considering she was taller than the average woman.

"How is he?" Jeremiah asked.

"Still the ball of energy, just unable to really move because of pain," Sam said.

"Told you he was a fighter. He's gonna recover soon and get back right where he was. Are you okay?"

"Yes, now I am, knowing he's really okay."

Jeremiah smiled and Sam resumed her walk. It was silent as they walked. Sam was aware of Jeremiah's occasional glances at her and she got a bit uncomfortable.

"What is your issue? Why do you keep looking at me? What did I do?" Sam blurted out.

Jeremiah was amused.

"That's what I wanna know. What did you do? My family has gotten attached to you so quickly. It's as if you been here with us for years. How have they grown to love you so much?" Jeremiah was really curious.

Sam smiled.

"I have no idea. I have that effect on people I guess."

"You're a beautiful person Sam'Riyah. Inside and out. I don't know what it is either but it's refreshing to be around you," Jeremiah said.

"Woah! Are you sure you are allowed to be complimenting me? Are you sure Leah isn't gonna jump out those woods any time soon with a large knife?" Sam teased.

Jeremiah shook his head.

"I'm sure she isn't about to jump out with a huge knife Sam'Riyah. " Jeremiah rolled his eyes.

Sam put up her hands in mock surrender.

"Just making sure." She laughed," Thanks by the way, not only for the compliment but for telling Riley the truth. I know your mom's probably angry at me but it's for the best and trust me she's not the only one angry. "

"Don't be angry at her. She was actually encouraging me to tell Riley for a while now, I was just stupid."

"Yes okay? She was encouraging you and what should I give her? A treat? She was the start of this problem. She made the decision, not you. She's making it look like it's your fault. You're right, you were stupid and she took advantage of that," Sam snapped.

Jeremiah rolled his eyes again. Gabriel's car came in view.

"I will use this heel and remove those eyeballs from the socket. You know I am right. For what it's worth, you guys have grown on me too and I love you guys just as much."

She walked over to Gabriel's car.

"Talk to my mother please," Jeremiah said.

"No." Sam shook her head.

Jeremiah sighed.

"Sam." He said finally.

Sam knew he was very serious at that. He didn't call her by her nickname unless he was very serious at the moment.

"Okay, I will come over tomorrow and speak to your mother Jeremiah," Sam said.

"Goodnight Sam'Riyah."

"Goodnight Jeremiah."

"Why is your dress soaked in blood?!" Gabriel exclaimed.

Jeremiah chuckled and walked away to his car, leaving Sam to explain herself.

____
VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.
~KemrezM 💋