Prologue

PROLOGUE FOR BOOK 1: WHAT'S MINE?

* P L A Y S O N G *

Laureen's POV

Today, I realized the screaming pain inside my heart. I kinda missed the times we've spent together back when we were friends and lovers. "Jeffrey," I whispered to myself. "When did I ever fell in love with you?" Back in those days, I was just infatuated on how cool and gifted you are back then. Always looking at you from afar is what I've been doing for so long in the past years when we were childhood friends. Until one day, you became my seatmate. We were probably united and putted together by fate and destiny. We always keep together in touch of one's problems and happenings in our life. Life, the long swindling path we all are currently moving forward to. We were having so much fun back then. And that was when I suddenly fell in love with you.

Even though we were kept apart by such different calamities and misunderstandings, we never gave up to be always with each other's back, supporting and telling each other that we can do it. Sometimes people already made bluffs and gossips that say we are already in a romantic relationship. Back then, you just ignored it since all you know was that we are only friends. But as time passes, we became much closer to one another until we developed a deep connection with each other we call "love". We were too shy to express our feelings for one another and that is why we just remained friends. One day, you blindly confessed your feelings to me, being completely unaware what might my reaction be. You said that I was everything to you, that you will do and sacrifice everything just for us to be together. I was definitely shocked and surprised when you did that! I never knew that the person I admired the most, the person I care the most, the person I've been wanting to be with the most, the person I loved the most, also loves and has feelings for me.

But even though I love you back, study has been also my top priority as a student and as a child for my dear family. I rejected your feelings since I feared that I might destroy your good future that has been waiting ahead as we grow up. Based on the records of grades in the past school semesters, you had top grades in all subjects. I feared that an inferior person like me, is not worthy for you to be your girlfriend. Since I believe that there is still a better person there waiting for you and a better future that's waiting to be uncovered. "Let's study first." I remembered myself saying that. You were saddened by my unexpected reaction and went to misery and because of that, you started to ignore me because of what I've did. Rejecting your feelings, that is. From being a good, kind and humble person, you became furious, arrogant, full of pride and cold-hearted. "Is that the cost of protecting the person you loved? Being rejected and forgotten by him, himself?" I asked to myself.

Truth be told, I am dying to say these feelings I have for you as well. Many people, including myself, noticed that your attitude has drastically changed. I became deeply worried by your sudden evolvement. I don't want the person I loved to change and became the bad guy. I admired you not because of your looks, talents, gifts and popularity, but because of your niceness and your kind-hearted personality. If that factor is going to disappear out of the blue, I don't think I would just shut up here while standing in my feet not doing anything. Because of that, I tried to confront you why did you changed. But you got angry and asked why am I doing this all of a sudden. I couldn't answer your question since I hate to admit that I was the main reason why you transformed into that kind of person.

After that incident, I heard that you are going to study to a different country, that is why I tried my best to reconcile with you while there is still a chance even if it means expressing my own feelings by doing so. But I wasn't able to reach you in time. The airplane you were riding already flew before I even took a step to the airport you checked in. You left without having a word with us, your friends while holding a grudge against me. I wasn't able to reconcile with you even for the last time. If only I could return back and change the past, that incident would never happen. After a couple of years, I heard that you are going to study back at our school, the place where we cherished the times we had, the place where we had so much fun, the place that contains all of our good and bad memories and more importantly, the place where we first fell in love for each other.

When I met you for the first time after a couple of years, I was surprised! You looked much different compared to the old Jeffrey I knew. You looked more matured and more manly! I could have fallen for you more because of that. Even though it was what I was feeling, I couldn't get out of my mind the fact that we have a horrible past back when you were still living here in our country. But still, I want to grab on the little chance that we can still be friends!! So I approached you and introduced myself to you, hoping that you can still remember me. You still haven't forgotten about me after all these time, but also the unfortunate pasts we've shared back when we were still students in one room. You got mad at me, asking me why am I acting like nothing had happened between us in the past. You expressed all of your anger, hate and rejection all to me. But then, I just said to you, because "I Love You."

~

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!

FAN!!

ADD TO LIBRARY/READING LIST!!

~KyoyaHibari989

EDITED: 4. 4. 2015. 7:20 PM