freckles {e}

🍑

ethan's pov

sitting in a coffee shop is a cliche place to see a pretty girl, but yet again, she isn't pretty. she isn't appealing, gorgeous, alluring, beautiful, or attractive. those are all understatements. she is possessing, engaging, and ravishing. she's simply wearing denim shorts and a band t-shirt, but god, did she take my breath away.

freckles sprinkled across her cheeks and nose that crinkle as a cute laugh exits her lips. a breathtaking smile appearing on her face shortly after, showing off her pearly white teeth. her piercing green eyes and wavy brown hair blew all around her as a faint smell of her fragrance perfume hits my nose. she continues to talk and listen to her friend as i watch intently. i see her friend glance at me before whispering something to her, making her cheeks warm up and become an adorable rosy color. she glances at me, blushing more as she sees me looking right at her.

i decide to make a move and stand up from my seat, walking toward her with a bundle of nerves in my stomach. her friend whispers something to her as she shushes her. 

i reach her table and she looks up at me with those eyes. god those eyes "hey i'm ethan"

she smiles, scrunching freckles "hi i'm y/n"

butterflies appear in my stomach as i hear her angelic voice fill my ears "it's nice to meet you, y/n. maybe we could hang out sometime?"

the question floats in the air, practically visible, before she giggles and makes it vanish

"i would love to, ethan"

i smile widely and pull my phone out of my denim pocket "can i have your number then?"

i watch her lips turn upwards, forming a delicate smile. she takes the phone out of my hand, daintily tapping numbers on the screen before gingerly handing it back to me. 

she finishes her coffee and looks back up at me "well, we've got to go, but it was nice meeting you ethan"

i slightly smile. sad to see her go, but hopeful to see her again

i watch her walk away with her friend, talking the whole way

i pull out my phone and look for her contact. i smile as i see 'y/n' appear on the screen, added as a new contact

i click on it and text 'hey it's ethan'

i re-read it again and again, over analyzing the message, before pressing send and watching the screen intently. i see three dots appear, meaning she's typing. my heart beats loudly in my chest, waiting for her reply. did she give me a fake number? is this actually her?

'hey ethan, it's y/n. but you already knew that'

an enormous smile consumes my face as my eyes scan over the text over and over again. 

i have a chance to see y/n and her adorable freckles again. 

i can't wait

🍑