"Good your mother and I aren't ready to be grandparents yet. I'm proud of you finally manning up and found yourself a good woman."

"I'll keep that in mind and I appreciate that coming from you old man."

"I'm not old, I can still kick your ass and not break a sweat."

"Yeah and after that you'll complain to mom that your back hurts."

"I knew there was a reason I liked your brother better he's not a smart ass."

"I get it from you."

"No you got that from your mother, now hurry up and get ready before she rips into both our asses for being late."

Kellan

"Do you have everything you need?" I asked Brandy as we were packing up my car for her to move into the spare bedroom at my apartment

"Why didn't you tell me that I would be staying with you?"

"Your parents wanted to tell you themselves, is that everything?"

"I don't want to inconvenience you and your brother, you've already done enough to help. I should be fine staying with my parents."

"No you're not if Luke is popping up and harassing them. You're safer staying with me and Knox. We have a spare room that the twins usually stay in when they come to visit but it's your room now."

"I think it would be better if I stayed with my parents, Luke knows where you live too and it might make things worse for me if he finds out that I'm staying with you."

"I don't care what he thinks because he won't know and want you to stay with me Brandy because it would keep me sane knowing that you are safe.  But if you're uncomfortable with it you can talk to your parents about staying with them."

"Thank you, for everything you didn't have to do all this for me."

"My parents taught me how to properly treat a lady as well as someone in need. Just know that if you ever need anything let me know, I don't mind helping out a friend."

"I'll stay with you Kellan, but I want to help out."

"That's fair."

Once everything was ready for her to leave she rode with me to the apartment with her parents following behind us. After making sure she had everything she needed her parents left us alone to talk while they went out to get us dinner.

"How have things been on campus?" she asked getting comfortable on the couch.

"They've been fine, a lot of people know that you were in the hospital and have seen what Luke has been saying about you on social media. The dean got word of what's been going on and put a stop to most of what he'd been saying and they're waiting for the police to finish their investigation before they decided whether or not to suspend him from the team and put him on probation. Coach James is against domestic violence so we all know his mind is made up to kick him off the team. It's really the Athletic Director that's pushing for him to stay on the team but he's only doing that because Luke's parents are huge donors to the athletic program and are threatening to stop donating and sue the school if Luke gets kicked off the team."

"I didn't know they wanted to sue the school, all of this is getting out of hand. All I wanted to do is break up with Luke not be the reason of the next school scandal." 

"Everything is going to be okay, you're not the reason of the next school scandal. Luke and his parents are trying to cover up the truth and keep their clean reputation. They don't want people to see that their son is an abusive piece of shit."

"I should've broken up with him the first time he hit me after I confronted him for cheating on me, all of this mess could've been avoided and maybe I could've met you sooner."

"Things happen for a reason, I think after all this we might have a new athletic director. Something that us players have been wanting for awhile."

"I thought you guys loved Mr. Tims."

"Not really, he always gave my brother and I weird looks and had slick shit to say about our parents being of different races. But always hit on our mom who almost slapped the shit out of him one time when he tried to feel her up, other guys like him because he lets them get away with a lot of fowl shit."

"Well we can only hope the police finish soon so that my life will go back to being somewhat normal."