Chapter 7

Madison
I looked forward to going to physiology on Wednesday and decided to put a little extra effort in my outfit and even wore a full face of makeup. As mush as I wanted to deny it, Knox had grown on me and I wanted to impress him. I could see that he was trying to change his fuckboy ways and I appreciated the effort he had been putting towards becoming a better person.

I was finishing up my shift at the local cafe near campus when a group of girls came in, it was Alyssa and her sorority minions. She was one of Knox's little flings and that had even tried to get with Kellan to after Knox wanted nothing to do with her. From what I heard she tried to claim Knox as her man but he denied her every time she tried. My co-worker had their table but her shift ended before mine so I had to bring out their drinks and food orders. I put on a fake smile and went over to wait their table.

"Just the person I wanted to see

"Just the person I wanted to see."

"What do you want Alyssa?"

"For you to stay away from Knox."

"Kinda hard to do when we have a project to do together."

"Don't get smart with me, I want you to know that Knox is mine and you will never have a chance with him."

"Last time I checked Knox was single and can hang out with anyone he wants. You're just upset that he actually wants to hang out with me and not you. I'm not going to argue with you about a guy that I'm not even dating. If you're not going to order anything you need to leave because there are other customers that would like to sit down and eat."

"Knox loves spending time with me, who do you think he was with last weekend?"

"I don't care."

"You do care and I know that you will take my advice and leave Knox alone. Now be a good waiter and get us all the house salad with extra veggies and no dressing. The salads better get to us in a timely manner or you'll be getting no tip."

"Anything else?"

"Yes, can I get a sparkling water with lemons and six ice cubes."

"Sure thing, I'll be right back with your food." If my night couldn't get any worst Knox walked in and gave me a smile and wave then sat down at one of our corner booths. Alyssa saw him and went over to sit in the seat across from him. From where I was behind the counter she tried to get his attention but he focused more on the menu in front of him. She even tried to feel his arm and kiss his cheek but he dodged both before saying something to her that had her stomping back to her table.

I was putting the salads on her table when she sat back down and glared at me. I walked away and went to where Know was sitting.