[ 7 ] - New Class Partner

The next day wasn't much better than i knew it'd be

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

       The next day wasn't much better than i knew it'd be. It was incredibly difficult to try and hide the bruising spot on my forehead, but luckily the swelling has simmered down and the skin wasn't as bright red as it was the day before, but it still was a pain trying to figure out how to hide it for people. The morning was gray and covered into thick clouds, the winds were cold and threatening only meaning that today was going to be one of those days, which, i didn't mind at all. Thankfully Hannah had already left for her trip so i wouldn't have to hear her complain about the weather. I was extremely grateful for that.

I decided to wear a black long-sleeved crewneck with the writing COFFEE along my chest with light blue denim jeans that rolled up at the bottom. I left my hair down and checked the driveway to check if anyone was still home since the house was oddly quiet (even Carter's room), and there in the driveway was Hannah's and Carter's car; figuring Hannah went in someone else's car i hurried and grabbed my school bag and my house keys and knocked lightly on Carter's room door. I waited five minutes until finally i heard thumps and groans coming from inside, Carter opened the door revealing his squinting eyes and disheveled hair and bare chest. "Jamie? What'rong? You need somethin'?" Asked Carter groggily as he tried to wipe the tiredness out of his eyes.

Lightly i shook my head making my wavy hair bounce off my shoulders. "No, nothing's wrong. I was just wondering if i could borrow your car to take to school? It looks like it's gonna rain and i don't really want to — "

"Yeah, yeah, take it. I don't think i'm gonna use it anyway," Carter spoke over my quiet voice. He leaned against the doorframe of his bedroom and nodded his head in reassurance, then glanced up at my forehead, "How's your head?" He then asked.

I felt my face flush at once. I averted my gaze down to my shoes before shrugging and replying in a small voice, "Er, it's — it's alright . . . . i guess." I cleared my throat and tried to think of something to talk about other than my head. "So, um . . . did — did Hannah leave the keys, or . . . ?"

Carter yawned and covered his mouth as he nodded his head. "Yeah, yeah . . . " He yawned again as he turned his body slightly and reached his arm further inside his darkened room. Seconds of his rummaging and dropping of things passed before he was able to get ahold of the puff ball key-chain and pass it over. "Thank you," I said quietly, clenching the puff ball into my palm, "I'll see you later." 

"Be careful, okay?" Said Carter followed by another yawn, "If you can't drive in the rain just give me a call and i'll come alright?"

I looked astonishingly at him before nodding my head and moving down the hall towards the stairs. I'd never known Carter to be so helpful like that. Has he always been like that? Was he like that with everyone else? Why didn't i ever notice it before? Before i could answer any of the questions i've thought of i was already out the house and unlocking the car. Quickly i opened it and hoped in as the monstrous winds came and blew the hair back on my shoulders causing a sharp freezing shiver to roll through my bones. My teeth chattered roundly against each other and the amount of goosebumps that appeared under my clothed limbs made me regret not bringing a jacket along with me.