Chapter 25: By the Fire

-Time skip-

I was by the fire reading until I heard foots. "So I see your still up" I turned around and it was Lyla, phew not Madeline. Lyla sat down next to me by the fire and took of the hood of my cloak..which she's still wearing. "It's comfy ok, don't judge me" Lyla confessed and I laughed. "I'm not judging I gave you it to keep warm in the winter since it gets bad down here" i said. "So, Christmas is in a few days" Why was that the first thing on my mind? "My favorite time of year" Lyla was excited it was cute, wait...wait a minute. Did I think she was cute?! "People just sing carols and songs, eat, sleep, eat, and give presents" I said and she still had a smile of excitement on her face. "You look too excited, everyone is trying to sleep" I teased her and she was embarrassed. "I'm sorry it's just Christmas is exciting to me. Me, Blaze, and Daze would make Christmas themed food and give it to people around the village. The kids would mostly take all the food, but others would get it too" Lyla chuckled. "I've never celebrated Christmas in a village before, only here in this cabin house thing" I confessed. "You guys can come to MapleWood and celebrate Christmas" Lyla Offered. "Well it's not my choice silly, Madeline is the leader of this household ya know" Lyla kinda panicked. "Oh I'm sorry I didn't know" I looked her at her and she was kinda embarrassed. "It's ok, you've only been here for what since October so it's fine" I said. "Can't believe it's been that long, seems like yesterday you were a a grumpy wolf" She laughed and i pouted. She can be annoying sometimes, but she's helped me a lot.