Chapter 17: Meria Kingdom

-Few days later-

We were on horse back, 2 people on each horse. I was on one with Maxine, he doesn't seem like the person that would know how to ride a horse. "Why are we going to this kingdom anyways, isn't the most boring place" Maxine complained. "It's also the best place to get supplies so stop being such a cry baby" Maxine shut up after what Jax said. "We're now here, we'll make a deal with the kingdom to get supplies then leave" said Madeline. We put our horses at the stables and went by foot in 2 teams of three. "Alright so it's just Me, You, and Jax. Where to first?" Maxine questioned. "I'm gonna go search with Lyla!" Jax grabbed my hand and started running towards the castle.

-Castle-

Jax and I went inside the castle and guards stopped us. "Wait! Guys we should give them a chance" someone said. "Why! There both breaking in" The guy laughed at the female guard and grabbed us both walking away from her. "What are you both thinking" he laughed. "Were researching" His eyes went wide and he looked scared. "What?! Are you with the army?!" He was clearly afraid. "No you idiot! We wanted to see the queen" I said. "Oh the queen is busy. I'm sorry but im new and I don't want to get fired" He tried to drag us out of the castle. "Guard surrender at once" The queen came down the stairs and came infront of Jax and I. "It's really you...your Lyla Raye.." she said. "Yes, Yes I am" She looked happy, yet I was confused..is she really my mother? "Oh Lyla I missed you so much" she said. Wait...didn't my mother run away from somewhere, what if that place was here. Why would she want to return? "Well if you are my mother let me ask you a question only my mother would know. What's the main ingredient to all my recipes at the bakery?" She was thinking, thinking hard. "Yeast" she questioned. "No, it was love. Are you really my mother" I was starting to get mad, really mad. The person turned into Balto. "Balto!" Jax was angry and furious, she got out one of her Rose gem infused sword. How does she even carry that?!

"Do you learn nothing?" Balto said uncovering his hood.