Chapter 19: Alive

Balto laughed and disappeared. "Lyla!" I picked her up, she was still bleeding. I cut a piece of her cloak and put it around her arm to stop the bleeding. "Maxine! Is she gonna be ok!" Questioned Madeline. "We need to get her medical help, come on! Let's go! To the medicine house!" Yelled Jax. I picked up Lyla and ran there with the others.

-Medicine House-
-Time skip-

I was sitting by her bedside, she was all fixed up and she's still breathing...but this was all my fault. "Maxine...we have to go..." It was Jax, she was sad too about what happened. "I-I want to stay..." I was starting to cry, why over her? What does she mean to me? "I know your destroyed by this, but it's getting really cold and you need to take shelter, we have to head back" Jax said. "I don't care about me right now ok, now leave. Someone has to watch her since no doctors are around at the moment" I strictly said to Jax. "Fine, but your returning after lunch" Jax left the house and I was alone with her.

Why was I so close to her? I've never been this close to anyone since before my mothers death and after her death I never wanted to get too attached to anyone in fear of losing them. I was about to go asleep until I heard someone sit up and yawn. It was Lyla, she's alive! I hugged her and she chuckled. "I've never seen someone so excited to see me" She teased. "I-I'm sorry" Lyla let go of the hug and I backed away. "You don't have to be sorry, you did what you could Maxine. That's all that matters" How was she still putting a smile on her face after what happened? Was it to cheer me up because it's sorta failing. "You know you seem like the person who wouldn't get so attached to someone, but your such a little softie when your around me" Lyla let out a small laugh. "It's because I care about you idiot" I blushed. Lyla blushed. "Maxine that's so sweet" She said happily. I looked down with my bangs covering my face and my ears wilted. "You look so embarrassed. There's no reason to be" But there is a reason. "Ok what's going on" Lyla! Stop teasing me! "Madeline keeps saying I'm too...sweet around you" I was so embarrassed. "Since when" Lyla laughed. "About a week ago" I said.

I was picking up the dishes with Madeline from today's breakfast. "Hey Maxine, can I ask you something?" Madeline questioned, I hope it's not a stupid questioned. "So you and Lyla. You guys look so cute together and you've been hanging out with her lately" Madeline teased and I got mad. "Oh come on. Maxine and Lyla sitting in a tree k-I-s-s-i-n-g first comes lo-" I interrupted her but throwing water at her. "Seriously..but you guys are so cute" she said.

"She's a terrible person, Madeline the Malpha devil" I explained. I looked up and Lyla was covering up her blushing face. "I'm sorry, it's really embarrassing, I know I know" Lyla still had a blushing look when I took her hands away from her face. I laughed. "Madeline does this to me since she's practically my sister, but don't worry I'll beat her up" I teased and Lyla laughed. "Now can you please take me home" She asked getting up. "Sure, come on before breakfast starts" Lyla and I walked out the door, straight towards the cabin we go.