Chapter 10.

SASHA'S POV

I wake up with a pounding head. My eyes remain closed as my mind comes back to consiousness. I slowly open my eyes, noticing my surroundings and taking a huge sigh of relief, when I realize that I'm at my home.

As I move my eyes to look at myself, I realize that I'm not on my bed but on the couch, in the living room. Wearing a black dress and heels. Why am I here? Then suddenly memories from last come rushing back to me.

I try to sit up, only to lie back again because of the sharp pain, which surges through my neck. Perks of sleeping on a couch. I mutter sarcastically.

Zoe is fast asleep on the chair across from the couch. She is sleeping in even more uncomfortable place than me. I sigh again. Why the hell I drank so much? I close my eyes once again and try to think of last night. I vaguely remember that a guy tried to grope me, while I was dancing and Ryan came to help me. I don't know why did I let him help, I don't like the idea of him helping me. A grin makes its way across my face as I remember the punch I delivered on that creep's face.

I don't how I ended up on the couch though. I remember sitting in Ryan's car with him and Zoe, but I can't remember anything after that. My cheeks involuntarily heat up as a thought crosses my mind. What if, Ryan carried you in the house? I shake my head and immediately sit up, ignoring the pain which shots up in my neck, also ignoring the thoughts that try to come to my mind. He would never do that.

"Zoe," I call, as I lightly shake her.

She doesn't even stir, "Zoe," I call a little louder. No results.

"Zoe." I say next to her ear, a little loud. "Holy shit!" Her eyes snap open, and she quickly straighten up. Okay, maybe not a little.

"Where's the fire?" She asks as she scans her surroundings.

I laugh at her question, "There's no fire, you idiot." I tell her.

"Then why the hell were you yelling, as if the house is on fire?"

"I wasn't yelling, and I tried to wake you up gently but it didn't work,"

"Whatever," she huffs.

I chuckle at her annoyance. Then a thought hits me, "Hey, where's Natasha?"

"I don't know, she went with a guy last night."

"Again?"

"Yeah,"

"She really needs to stop doing this to herself,"

"I know right."

"Shit!" She curses loudly.

"What's up?" I ask, she is looking at her phone with wide eyes.

"30 missed calls and 10 msgs from my mom,"

"Holy Shit!"

"Yes that's right, I gotta run." She says, and shoots up from her seat.

"What? At least freshen up and have breakfast first,"

"Oh no no, I don't have time for that. This is probably my last day in this world,"

I roll my eyes, "Don't be a drama queen."

"You don't know my mom!" She exclaims.

I raise an eyebrow. "Okay maybe you do. But she isn't as nice to me as she is to you,"

"But how will you go? You don't have a car."

"My house isn't that far, I'll just walk." She says and runs towards the door.

The house is quiet, since it's Sunday so I assume everyone is still asleep. I take off my heels, and start walking towards my room.

*****

The obnoxious sound of my alarm wakes me up from my dream. Ryan was laughing at something I told him. He was looking very happy and completely at ease with me. A complete opposite of how he usually is. Ryan? Why the hell I was dreaming about him? I groan in my pillow, I don't know what is happening with me.

I grab my phone from the bed side table to check the time. 8:30 am. I am about to put my phone down and go to sleep again, but then, I notice the day on my phone. Monday.

Shit, I'm running late for work.

I jump out of my bed and quickly run towards the bathroom. Ryan is going to be mad.

*****

9:15 am.

I sigh, and get out of my audi. I'm fifteen minutes late. This isn't a good first impression.

I enter the building "Scott's and sons" and immediately walk towards the elevator. I get inside the elevator and press the button for 50th floor. I check myself in the elevator mirror. I'm wearing a white button down shirt and a black pencil skirt and black heels. My hair are tied into a neat pony tail and I'm holding a small black. The same one I carried to the bar last night.

The door of the elevator clicks open and, I walk outside, and towards Ryan's office. I take a huge breath, then knock on the door.

"Come in," Ryan's voice calls from inside.

I turn the door knob and walk inside.

"Good morning, Sir." I smile widely.

"What are you doing here?" He asks rudely.

I roll my eyes at him. "Sir, do you have some memory issues? If yes, then let me remind you for the hundredth time, I'm the architect for the new project, and you told me we will start working from today."

"Oh." He says, then he glances at his watch.

"You're fifteen minutes late, Madam."

______________________________

Hello guys!

I'm so sorry for taking forever to update. I've been a little busy lately. But to make up for my lack of updates, I'll try to update again this week, no promises though. Anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter. Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment. (: