Chapter 02.

SASHA'S POV

"Hey Sash." Clara greets, as I enter the living room. She is sitting on the couch watching television.

I plop down on the couch beside her."Hey. " I say,

"How was your day?" she asks.

"Hectic, the cafe was full with customers and we had to prepare a big order as well. " I say.

"How was yours?" I add.

"Very stressful, the kids can be a lot to handle sometimes." she says.
Clara is a teacher at an elementary school.

"I know right, I don't know how do you even tolerate them everyday."

"Kids aren't as bad as you think."

"I don't think, I know. Kids are very annoying."

I absolutely despise kids. Those little creatures can cause absolute disasters. I remember, at the first day of the cafe, our first customers were a couple with two kids, We didn't had much staff at that time, So Zoe, John and I were doing all the work by ourselves. The kids were really nosy and they kept following me everywhere and I kept scolding them to go away but they won't budge. They were the very first costumers so I decided to serve them by myself. When I served them their order, the kids decided to play with the table cloth and tugged at it with so much force that everything which I had served them flew everywhere. I just stood there with my jaw dropped, when I finally got out of my shock to say something, one of the kid who was holding a glass of orange juice threw it's all contents at me and told me to be nicer to kids next time. I had to go home and close the cafe for the rest of the day immediately to clean. Since that day I despised kids even more.

"Not really. I love them." She defends.

I roll my eyes and say, "I know, you and your never ending love for kids."

"By the way, where is everyone else?" I ask.

"Mom is in the kitchen as usual, and Cameron is in his room, doing God knows what."

I laugh, Cameron is my little brother. Well little for me, he has turned eighteen last month.

"And what about dad?" I ask.

"He is not back yet." she says.

"Hello, my lovely daughters." Dad suddenly enters the room.

"Hey dad." Me and Clara say at the same time.

He smiles and sits down on the chair, across from the couch.

"I have news for you." Dad says to me.

"What kind of news?" I ask.

"Scott and sons need an architect for their new sports club project."

Scott and sons is well-known company owned by Mr. Michael Scott. They own a lot of sport clubs, restaurants and five star hotels, nationaly and internationally. Most of the biggest clubs and hotels in the town are all own by them. Dad knows Mr. Michael really well and has a little share in his company too.

"And?"

"And I told him about you. He wants to meet you on Monday."

"Oookkayyy... " I trail off, it's a good news but I don't know how to feel about this.

Although I like architecture and have done a few projects in the past years but in last six months since I have opened the cafe, I have been so engrossed in baking that I have forgotten all about architecture. So I need time to process this. I don't want to make any rash decisions. I know this is an amazing offer. I can earn a lot from this and I can even open a new branch of my cafe.

"Don't you want to work on this project? You know how popular the company is, It's a great opportunity for you." Dad says, when I don't say anything else.

"Yeah, I know dad. It's just... I want some time to think." I explain.

"Okay kiddo, you have one whole day to think about it before the meeting on Monday. "he says.

"You know, there's no pressure. If you don't want to do this you can always decline the offer, It's all up to you. Do what you feel like doing." he adds, and stands up to leave the room.

I nod, and turn towards Clara, who is busy flipping the channels on the television.

"Do you think I should accept this offer?" I ask her.

"Do what you feel like doing." she repeats dad's words and shurgs.

I huff and stand up from the couch to go to my room. I enter my room and grab a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt from my closet and walk towards the bathroom. I take a quick shower and get dressed. I make my way downstairs to the kitchen, where mom is still busy, making the dinner.

"Hey mom." I greet, as I enter the kitchen and hug my mom.

"Hey sweetie." mom says, as she hugs me back.

"How was your day?" She asks.

"Good. What are you making?" I ask.

"Chicken and potato casserole." she replies and walk towards the oven to check the dish.

"Oh. Do you need any help?" I ask.

"No, not really, the dinner is almost done. You can go and set the dining table though. "

"Sure." I say, and walk towards the cabinets to collect plates, spoons and forks.

We all -- except for cameron, who has locked himself in his room and refuses to come out for some reason-- gather in the dining room for dinner.Dad tells us about his new business investments, Clara talks about her day at school, while I tell them about the big order we prepared at the cafe today. As the dinner finishes, Dad heads to his study to do some work, whereas Clara and I help mom cleaning the dishes and the kitchen. By the time, we finish cleaning it's already eleven O'clock, so we all head to our rooms upstairs. I sit on my bed and take my laptop to check my mails. There are some more orders for next week. After checking my mails, I put my laptop aside and reach towards the side table to grab the glass of water, but unfortunately the glass is empty, sighing I exit the room to fetch water from kitchen. As I am coming back from the kitchen, I walk past Cameron's room and notice that the lights in his room are still open.

What's the matter with him? Why hasn't he slept yet?

Making the decision that I should ask him what's the matter. I knock on his door and wait for him to answer.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey!

Hope you guys like the chapter. Please vote and comment to let me know what you guys think. :)