2. Invitation

Lena

Well I came back to the campus, I'm in my very last class and I have a total of 3 with Roman every day. I still had about 10 minutes of this class left, I decided to pull out my phone and text him since he was literally the first seat to my right.

Lena: Hey, wanna do something to night?
Roman: Yeah, there's a dance tonight here. You wanna be my date?
Lena: But I barley know you.
Roman: It could be a good way to get to know each other. Think about it.

I put my phone down and paid attention the last couple minutes of class. Seemed like forever, but when the bell rang I immediately got up and walked out.

"Well, have you thought about it?" He asked.

"I'd love to go but my older brother is gonna wanna meet you first." I told him.

"That's fine, I'm surprised." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well we've only known each other for like 8 hours, now we're going out." He answered.

"You asked, I accepted, it's your problem buddy cause now your stuck." I said and started walking away, he ran to catch up to me.

"Want me to walk you home?" He asked.

"Uh, I'm not going home actually, I'm gonna go dress shopping." I told him.

"Wanna color coordinate?" He asked.

"All black." I answered.

"Thank god, I won't have to go shopping now." He joked.

"I'll see you later." I told him and started walking home actually. On the way two cops with sirens raced down the street passed me with an ambulance. I quickly followed them and seen a girl with bite marks on her, holding her boyfriend in her arms, he was already sucked dry of blood.

"Ma'am you don't need to see this." One of the cops said pulling me away I was the only other one around besides them.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Animal attack, do you need a ride home?" He asked.

"It's not far from here, I can walk." I told them.

"Stay safe." He told me before I started running away at a normal pace. I ran straight into the house and Tommy immediately jumped when he heard me running.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Two teens were attack, a girl and a boy, the boy didn't make it." I answered.

"Vampires?" He asked.

"Had to be, the cops said it was an animal attack. It was definitely a vampire." I answered again.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm going out tonight. There's a dance at the college, Romans taking me. He'll be here later, I told him you were my big brother and that you would wanna meet him." I explained.

"Wow ok, always wanted to be a big brother." He said.

"Yeah well, at least you can see him so you'll know what he looks like." I said walking into the kitchen, Tommy followed.

"He really looks like Joseph?" He asked.

"He even has the goatee, it was kinda weird how much they look alike. They could be twin brothers." I answered.

"Wow, I guess I'll see tonight." He said.

"Yeah you will, I'm gonna go find something to wear." I said and went up stairs to my bed room. I searched threw my closet and found and black dress with lace at the bottom and on the shoulders and chest. I pulled out some boots and laid it all out on my bed.

"Think that's good." I mumbled to my self. I guess I won't have to wear my ring or necklace either with it since it's gonna be dark, I won't have anything to worry about.

I went back down stairs and seen Tommy was making dinner.

"What are we having?" I asked.

"Chicken Parmesan and salad." He answered.

"I'm gonna go get a snack." I told him.

"Not to much." He told me as I walked away and went to the basement door. I flipped the switch for the light and walked down in and went to the old fridge we have, I opened it and seen all of the blood packs. I grabbed one and started drinking it.

See we don't run around killing people for our blood, we just steal some from hospitals. Which isn't really much better but, at least we aren't taking life's.

"Tommy, we're going to need more blood." I yelled as I started walking back up the steps.

"Running low already?" He asked.

"Um, it's been 2 weeks. We should probably stay stalked up." I suggested.

"I'll go by myself tomorrow after you leave." He said.

"Ok, how much time until that's done?" I asked.

"About 30 minutes, can't tell me your starving." He answered.

"Well, I have one bag of blood a day, but I also like human food to. I have a craving problem, you know this." I explained.

"Yeah I'm well aware, I've been around you for 187 years." He said.

"God I'm really old, stop reminding me."